P1000 Mudbuster Front and XL Rear

Jensenj71

Jensenj71

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2018
Meridian, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ordered Mudbusters on Wednesday and they arrived Saturday. I was installing new tires and wheels and took the opportunity to install the Mudbusters. Great instructions and took about 2hrs while on 2 post lift with tires off. Good coverage and they should definitely keep the mud off.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ordered Mudbusters on Wednesday and they arrived Saturday. I was installing new tires and wheels and took the opportunity to install the Mudbusters. Great instructions and took about 2hrs while on 2 post lift with tires off. Good coverage and they should definitely keep the mud off.

View attachment 97792

View attachment 97793
I just went the same route. Great product.

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed mine last week. My only concerns are how well they will flex when rubbing trees and when dropping into a ravine.
I'm also going to add a brace to the back piece behind the rops bar. I don't think the 1 little screw is enough there.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ordered mine on the bf sale, and they are sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. I keep my pioneer at my hunting lease during deer season. After shes home and had a good bath I will install the mudbusters. Its covered in mud now.

Looking forward to it because mine slings mud bad.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have no interest in these but if that's your thing, cool

Reactions: sharp
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Il’l probably put mine on tomorrow.. with spacers and wheels they’re very much needed!

They work REALLY well even with spacers and wheels. Mine is 68” wide and the only place the mud gets through is the hole around the rear ROPS. That lets a LOT of mud through all the way to the roof. I guess I will steal @joeymt33 filler idea today finally.

We had 2” of rain in the last 24hours so it was good and muddy and it rained the whole time so some got washed off. But you can see where the gap around the ROPS made a big difference in how much mud was on the machine.

89011E44 1E85 4B4D BB2C BE258D80E8A3
F1B23131 4E33 4253 A2AB 060F92096A9D

advertisement
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They aren’t the best looking but they work well keeping the mud off of you and out of the cab.

I’m not a bogger but if the trail is wet mud is flying.

That's my problem, they look so out of place that I probably wouldn't appreciate how they work. I also don't think the mud is that bad

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's my problem, they look so out of place that I probably wouldn't appreciate how they work. I also don't think the mud is that bad

I'm with you in the look @ToddACimer. I had them in the cart on black Friday but couldn't bring myself to pull the plug. I'm running a little bigger tire, but factory wheels, so the mud on the sides isnt too hateful. It's been SUPER sloppy with rain in Ohio the last month though, so in my daily deer-feeding run the machine (and garage) have become quite caked with mud under the rear. There are soo many crevices under, it takes foreverrr to clean it out. I think a set would be nice for easy clean up and keeping mud out of the footwells (I use for storage on longer rides), so I'm going to try to fab up a version that doesn't stick out quite as far. $35 for a 4'x8' sheet of 1/8 inch HDPE at Menards, I figure I should be able to come up with something pretty elementary that will fit my needs and not stick way out under the rear. Mounting is really the only question mark, as i haven't been able to find a thread that documents the mudbuster install very well.

I'll be sure to take lots of pictures and document it when I get around to figuring it out.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm with you in the look @ToddACimer. I had them in the cart on black Friday but couldn't bring myself to pull the plug. I'm running a little bigger tire, but factory wheels, so the mud on the sides isnt too hateful. It's been SUPER sloppy with rain in Ohio the last month though, so in my daily deer-feeding run the machine (and garage) have become quite caked with mud under the rear. There are soo many crevices under, it takes foreverrr to clean it out. I think a set would be nice for easy clean up and keeping mud out of the footwells (I use for storage on longer rides), so I'm going to try to fab up a version that doesn't stick out quite as far. $35 for a 4'x8' sheet of 1/8 inch HDPE at Menards, I figure I should be able to come up with something pretty elementary that will fit my needs and not stick way out under the rear. Mounting is really the only question mark, as i haven't been able to find a thread that documents the mudbuster install very well.

I'll be sure to take lots of pictures and document it when I get around to figuring it out.

I’m with you, cracks and crevices in the 5 seater are a pain. I made the original for the 700 it was a pain and time consuming. Then about 2 months after I made mine mudbuster started selling some, I just bought mud busters this go around.

I want to be not frozen, mostly dry, and decently clean. For the most part I don’t care how it looks to accomplish that. I’ve gotten to a point in life where I give zero f***s and want to be comfortable, I gave up proving things to people and wanting their approval a long time ago.

My goal now is to help others accomplish the same.

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m with you, cracks and crevices in the 5 seater are a pain. I made the original for the 700 it was a pain and time consuming. Then about 2 months after I made mine mudbuster started selling some, I just bought mud busters this go around.

I want to be not frozen, mostly dry, and decently clean. For the most part I don’t care how it looks to accomplish that. I’ve gotten to a point in life where I give zero f***s and want to be comfortable, I gave up proving things to people and wanting their approval a long time ago.

Oh not too concerned with what anyone else thinks about it, just doesn't quite please my eyeballs. I've gotten a kick out of working on my own little projects anyhow.

I think I've seen your build on those...remind me, did you bend yours with a heat gun or a blow torch? I have read both, and I don't have the heat gun so I'm tempted to try the torch first, but I don't want to completely cook my plastic either.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@JTW without mudbusters and @Plumber32 with - same trails so you can see a difference ... notice JTW’s mid panel and gear in back of his ride
7347CFA7 A7D6 410A 8B52 4BCAB9C94F05

My wife went on a ride after I had just added aftermarket wheels and I happened to receive mudbusters on father’s day a few weeks later ...

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@JTW without mudbusters and @Plumber32 with - same trails so you can see a difference ... notice JTW’s mid panel and gear in back of his ride
View attachment 97860

My wife went on a ride after I had just added aftermarket wheels and I happened to receive mudbusters on father’s day a few weeks later ...
And mine were only the dinky ones on the rear. I'm now full coverage all around. They make a yuge difference.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Thanks to you I care about nothing any longer. Thanks ....

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!