P1000 Mudbuster Front and XL Rear

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's what I did to fill the holes around the roll cage.....it's rubber from the cabin comfort kit I never installed.

20181224 181748 20181224 181712

Last edited:
Jensenj71

Jensenj71

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2018
Meridian, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What wheels are those? I've been looking for beadlocks with a red rim like that.
I got the STI HD5 wheels from Pure Offroad. The wheels have black beadlocks and you have to buy the red beadlocks. I believe they were $25 per wheel. Pure Offroad was willing to mount tires with red beadlocks vs others that would only mount with black and send the red beadlocks.

I have ordered a bed extender with spare tire mount. I plan to have the bed extender and LE brush guard powder coated in red to match the bead locks and LE suspension.

Honda1000-5

Honda1000-5

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2018
New Brunswick Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@JTW without mudbusters and @Plumber32 with - same trails so you can see a difference ... notice JTW’s mid panel and gear in back of his ride
View attachment 97860

My wife went on a ride after I had just added aftermarket wheels and I happened to receive mudbusters on father’s day a few weeks later ...
I wouldn't want to have that clean up job.

Honda1000-5

Honda1000-5

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2018
New Brunswick Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ordered Mudbusters on Wednesday and they arrived Saturday. I was installing new tires and wheels and took the opportunity to install the Mudbusters. Great instructions and took about 2hrs while on 2 post lift with tires off. Good coverage and they should definitely keep the mud off.

View attachment 97792

View attachment 97793
Sharp looking rig!

Honda1000-5

Honda1000-5

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2018
New Brunswick Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm with you in the look @ToddACimer. I had them in the cart on black Friday but couldn't bring myself to pull the plug. I'm running a little bigger tire, but factory wheels, so the mud on the sides isnt too hateful. It's been SUPER sloppy with rain in Ohio the last month though, so in my daily deer-feeding run the machine (and garage) have become quite caked with mud under the rear. There are soo many crevices under, it takes foreverrr to clean it out. I think a set would be nice for easy clean up and keeping mud out of the footwells (I use for storage on longer rides), so I'm going to try to fab up a version that doesn't stick out quite as far. $35 for a 4'x8' sheet of 1/8 inch HDPE at Menards, I figure I should be able to come up with something pretty elementary that will fit my needs and not stick way out under the rear. Mounting is really the only question mark, as i haven't been able to find a thread that documents the mudbuster install very well.

I'll be sure to take lots of pictures and document it when I get around to figuring it out.
How did that work our for you?

Honda1000-5

Honda1000-5

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2018
New Brunswick Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i ordered two of the flexable oil dipstick rubber pads and installed them on the rear rops holes, ss nuts n bolts. problem solved;);)
Where did you order those from? Perhaps a piece of truck tire inner tube would also work?

MuDSlinger

MuDSlinger

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2019
Richland, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone have a link to an easy way to get this set up, I just tried to buy the JEI exstender through their site and paypal now have two pending purchases and nothing purchased. 1graand now tieded up for 72 hours.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!