ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh not too concerned with what anyone else thinks about it, just doesn't quite please my eyeballs. I've gotten a kick out of working on my own little projects anyhow.

I think I've seen your build on those...remind me, did you bend yours with a heat gun or a blow torch? I have read both, and I don't have the heat gun so I'm tempted to try the torch first, but I don't want to completely cook my plastic either.

Just be careful with torch move quickly and don’t spend anytime in one place.

J

JTW

@JTW without mudbusters and @Plumber32 with - same trails so you can see a difference ... notice JTW’s mid panel and gear in back of his ride
View attachment 97860

My wife went on a ride after I had just added aftermarket wheels and I happened to receive mudbusters on father’s day a few weeks later ...
That’s exactly why I bought them... the difference was huge between everyone with them vs me without! I don’t love the look.. and I expect to rip them off... but they’re very needed.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s exactly why I bought them... the difference was huge between everyone with them vs me without! I don’t love the look.. and I expect to rip them off... but they’re very needed.

I thought I would rip mine off also... I’ve rolled it and drug it down 100+ yards of ravine when wedged into “determined” popped the whole way down. I knew they were gone on the drivers side.... nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JTW

I thought I would rip mine off also... I’ve rolled it and drug it down 100+ yards of ravine when wedged into “determined” popped the whole way down. I knew they were gone on the drivers side.... nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s what I keep hearing... we shall see.

Jensenj71

Jensenj71

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2018
Meridian, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree that the Mud Busters don't add to the looks, however after a few days they have blended in and don't detract from the looks.

I am interested keeping mud off of the front plastic windshield given that cleaning the plastic on the trail without damaging it seems like a challenge. Also it seems like mud would get in the rear step and the seams for the rear doors. Finally, I will be transporting in an enclosed cargo trailer and me slipping in and out between the trailer wall and a mud covered machine didn't excite me.

The installation was definitely easier on a 2 post lift with the machine 3ft off of the ground. It would have taken several more beers to do it with the machine on the ground. A 2 person crew would help in this situation. I may replace the self tapping screw on the tab with a rivet and rivet washer.

Reactions: Honda1000-5
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I swore I had ripped them off several times Friday but nope still there no dagage at all. My only complaint is the gap around the ROPS on the rear but it’s fixable.
I’ve never had them rip off. I’ve hit and dragged them on some tight tree gaps. Hummmmm gaps!#% anyway....the area around the rops were tight around the drivers side. Good old Rotozip took care of that monster.

hogfish

hogfish

Apr 24, 2016
florida
I’ve never had them rip off. I’ve hit and dragged them on some tight tree gaps. Hummmmm gaps!#% anyway....the area around the rops were tight around the drivers side. Good old Rotozip took care of that monster.
i ordered two of the flexable oil dipstick rubber pads and installed them on the rear rops holes, ss nuts n bolts. problem solved;);)

advertisement
J

JTW

Got my mudbusters installed tonight.. I looked at some rubber scraps I have laying about. See if I can rig something tomorrow.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The rubber flap from the rear footwell. The one you flip out of the way to check oil level.
Makes since now! Still don’t see we’re that was going to be superior over just milling the GAP hehehe oround the mud buster bigger so it don’t touch? Oh well.. worked for me. ;)

hogfish

hogfish

Apr 24, 2016
florida
Makes since now! Still don’t see we’re that was going to be superior over just milling the GAP hehehe oround the mud buster bigger so it don’t touch? Oh well.. worked for me. ;)
just got up guys, the reason for the oil rubber pad is to customize the cut out tightly around rear rops to limit the mud flying up through the extended gap. flexable pad closes the hole but still allows dump bed operation.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
just got up guys, the reason for the oil rubber pad is to customize the cut out tightly around rear rops to limit the mud flying up through the extended gap. flexable pad closes the hole but still allows dump bed operation.
Oh...so your using it as gap/hole filler with flexibility around the rops ? Confused the chit out of me lol.My first post u quoted was that the hole and fitmint was too close to ROPS causing rubbing , so I had to rotozip it out bigger. Your talking about keeping mudd from coming through that hole! Roger That! I get you know. Made me think too hard this morning lol.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks - I have some small squares of rubber to cover up the holes for that exact reason just wanted to get an idea on how you installed yours and what you used. I think I was trying to over complicate it.

I

Inspcalahan

May 16, 2017
Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ordered Mudbusters on Wednesday and they arrived Saturday. I was installing new tires and wheels and took the opportunity to install the Mudbusters. Great instructions and took about 2hrs while on 2 post lift with tires off. Good coverage and they should definitely keep the mud off.

View attachment 97792

View attachment 97793
What wheels are those? I've been looking for beadlocks with a red rim like that.

advertisement