Muddy windshield and high fenders

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
After going on a 102 mile 167 klm ride yesterday I've found out that the Pioneer due to its big fender clearance throws lots of mud and water etc: in front of it and up wards.You actually drive into the throw up mud/water etc: covering the windshield with it .It rained the whole day plus was windy with a cool temp of 7 c .We had the warmth of the cabs to keep warm and dry but the side wind on the Pioneer sure made a mess of the side windows and windshield.The Ranger didn't have hardly and mud thrown up onto it and the windshield stayed fairly clean. So looks like I'll have to try and make some sort of deflector near the front of the pioneer to deflect the mud and water etc: down, rather then throwing water and mud forward and upwards. The other option is put a windshield washer onto the Pioneer to keep the windshield clear so that I can see out of it. :lol: We ended up finding a small bucket in the ditch and every time it got to bad I was able to stop and get water from the ditch to clean my windshield.The Ranger never needed to be done.Just so you know both machine's have the exact same brand/make tire's.When you look at the pics of the clearance between the top of the tire's and the underside of the inner fenders you'll see what I mean.

Attachments

• Honda Pioneer 001 (Small).jpg
    Honda Pioneer 001 (Small).jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 682
  • poker derby 008 (Small).jpg
    poker derby 008 (Small).jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 683
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya, From your pictures the Pioneer has a lot more clearance between the top of the wheel and the finder. I guess this allows for it to spread out more thus needing a larger over-fender.

The second picture of the Pioneer. I see the added fenders, but are you staying you still get a lot of mud now?

Thanks.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Hondasxs said:
Ya, From your pictures the Pioneer has a lot more clearance between the top of the wheel and the finder. I guess this allows for it to spread out more thus needing a larger over-fender.

The second picture of the Pioneer. I see the added fenders, but are you staying you still get a lot of mud now?

Thanks.

Yupper the mud gets thrown ahead and up so when your cruising down the back roads /fast trails 30 mph your actually driving into the mud etc: The windshield gets covered very quickly.Looks like I'll have to put some sort of deflector under the front to make the water/mud etc: curl downwards rather then forwards and upwards.I was going to look at doing something today but not a good day Arthrites acts up in damp conditions etc: I'll have to wait until I feel better.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hahaha.. Oh ya. I know what you mean now. If you hit it at the right speed you get a face fill for sure. Slow down or speed up... Lol.

Im accustom to this... as my Rincon did the same thing. Lol

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have noticed that there is a speed that the trajectory of all the mud and water is right back into your lap.

Wondering is there a way to add a LARGE washer tank to the windshield wiper? I thought I saw where someone added a washer to it. Thought it was you slowdryrider.

My other accessories have been delayed, budget has all been reallocated toward our house for now.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!