P700 MUV700 LOW OIL PRESSURE

N

NickM696

Feb 28, 2021
Australia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hey guys just a quick question? Any Honda technicians or mechanics on here that know if there is any way of cleaning or flushing the oil strainer or screen in the crankcase without actually splitting the bottom end?
I have had a new oil pump and chain, torque convertor, 1st clutch fibre plates had no fibre left on them so they were replaced, all the orings in front end case also were replaced as well as the clutch solenoid valve and i still have very little oil pressure. Have been told to split the bottom end to clean the strainer and screen but was curious if there is any way of cleaning the screens without actually splitting the motor? Ay ideas or help would be great, thanks.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
im not a honda tech or anything. just a reg mechanic. but id want to split the case to make sure i got all the clutch material out of the screen and case. if there is a way to clean it off itll stay in the case and you risk it clogging again and it could be 1 day or 1 yr later there is no real telling till it happens.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudwing
N

NickM696

Feb 28, 2021
Australia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
im not a honda tech or anything. just a reg mechanic. but id want to split the case to make sure i got all the clutch material out of the screen and case. if there is a way to clean it off itll stay in the case and you risk it clogging again and it could be 1 day or 1 yr later there is no real telling till it happens.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
That was my thought also, I defineitly cannot remove all the clutch material without splitting the cases. Thought it was worth an ask in case someone had some luck with a similar thing.

H

henchmachine

Jul 1, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 700-2
I did the same thing you did first, replaced the torque converter and oil pump in the front, I tried just flushing the screen but it didn't work and ended up splitting the engine and just putting a new screen in. The fibers are sucked up pretty tight to the screen and its hard to flush them out.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!