MUV700 wont shift out of 1st gear

A

AJM

Would appreciate any pointers on why my 2009 MUV 700 won't shift out of 1st gear... The engine starts right up and runs sounds ok... Oil and filter have been changed... When I put the throttle to the floor it goes 8mph and spits n sputters??

Reactions: DG Rider and TxDoc
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Would appreciate any pointers on why my 2009 MUV 700 won't shift out of 1st gear... The engine starts right up and runs sounds ok... Oil and filter have been changed... When I put the throttle to the floor it goes 8mph and spits n sputters??
Check the exhaust/intake for restrictions and try to check fuel pressure...but, Hate to say it, but sounds like the classic flat cam.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check the exhaust/intake for restrictions and try to check fuel pressure...but, Hate to say it, but sounds like the classic flat cam.
Cam was the first thing that came to my mind as well unfortunately.

Reactions: DG Rider
A

AJM

It only has 350ish miles and has a bad camshaft? This was owned by a very elderly man and was not used hard at all

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!