Got my basic 2017 p500 with first mod tires obviously lol
20170421 133727

lonewolf

lonewolf

Jan 19, 2017
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So your planning to attach the winch to the front or back, depending on your needs at the time? That should be a pretty neat mod! Will it always be attached at one of those locations, or do you plan to store it in a compartment, until needed? I like the Idea of either/or!

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What winch brand are you planning to use?

C

Curtis

Apr 9, 2017
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
I'm thinking of putting a mount in my box to store it upright for travel until needed I'm using the 3500 pound badland winch from harbor freight I'm not real big on buying the expensive winches lol these cheap ones have lasted just fine for me I'll post pics of it when I can get my 1.25" reciever tubing mounted to the wench plate

Reactions: MattSadler
D

Deleted member 3748

I really like that green. I never noticed before but the bars next to the seats are quite a bit different on the 17s.

Reactions: Rustell
D

Deleted member 3748

I'm thinking of putting a mount in my box to store it upright for travel until needed I'm using the 3500 pound badland winch from harbor freight I'm not real big on buying the expensive winches lol these cheap ones have lasted just fine for me I'll post pics of it when I can get my 1.25" reciever tubing mounted to the wench plate

I think I understand your design for the rear hitch winch mount... Just a heads up, some people have broken the rear receiver when applying an upward force. You may run into that situation when winching from there. I installed the Moose 2" receiver but I'm not going to suggest it could handle a winch because I don't know.

Receiver Hitch Beware

advertisement
C

Curtis

Apr 9, 2017
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
I think I understand your design for the rear hitch winch mount... Just a heads up, some people have broken the rear receiver when applying an upward force. You may run into that situation when winching from there. I installed the Moose 2" receiver but I'm not going to suggest it could handle a winch because I don't know.

Receiver Hitch Beware
I'll take care and avoid any up pull on the back if possible thanks for the heads up I would mount the winch permanent on the front but I've had horrible luck and always needed to pull out from behind lol

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
chrisC

chrisC

Lifetime Member
Jul 4, 2015
Newfoundland, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
20170502 121716
20151227 120710
another option...
this was before the wire went on it....but you get the idea

If your by yourself it sure works when you've dropped the front wheels in a hole thats over 2 ft deep ....but looked shallower lol.
sometimes you just want to go back,and no further ahead

Reactions: Seg and Curtis
C

Curtis

Apr 9, 2017
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
Ok this box was 220$ it's 42x30x9 inches the rack on the p500 is 45 1/2 inches wide by 30 inches it does have 2.75 inches of rack exposed on each side but I'm seeing that as a good place to hook my ratchet straps to secure my load it came with extra bracket kit which I didn't need and that would bring the price down to like 175 to the door i was scared it would be trash but seams to be well built
20170502 145611
20170502 145640

C

Curtis

Apr 9, 2017
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
looks nice.did you attach it by just drilling thru your rack?
Yes I did through the three flat bars I just put 6 bolts in it I've grabed it and shook the whole sxs it seams to be solid

advertisement