Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes sir GO BLUE! We had a nice win against Minnesota today also! Thanks for the comments!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We sure did! Looking good

A

ayoung

Dec 19, 2015
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@RickB
Great job on the rig!
I just ordered the tinted superatv roof, and am curious about your roof rack. How did you mount it? I think I see some ubolts drilled through the roof off the center crossbar... are there any other attachments?
Thanks!

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sweet looking rig.

R

RickB

Jan 18, 2017
Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi guys. Been a while since I updated my build, so here’s the latest and greatest.

Had a small tragedy. Was towing my pioneer behind my fifth wheel and we had a blow out. Didn’t feel it and couldn’t see it so the trailer dragged for a while which caught the passenger rear tire on fire. Luckily no one was hurt. The trailer was a total loss and the pioneer had about $2k in damage. You can bet I’ll never buy a single axle trailer again and I installed a camera on the back of my fifth wheel and a wireless monitor in my truck. Lesson learned.

IMG 1344

IMG 1346

Unfortunately it took most of the summer to repair the pioneer so I didn’t get to ride much this year.

Added some more mods:
-fabric doors and rear divider
-in cab heater
-turn signals and horn
-stereo box with 4 boss speakers and a Sony deck
-satellite radio (I like listening to games and whatnot. Had this for my fifth wheel so I just got a new mount so I can take it between the two)
-
IMG 1752

IMG 1755
IMG 0136
IMG 0135
IMG 0134
IMG 1756
IMG 1757
IMG 1761
IMG 1759
IMG 5865

Even dressed it up for Halloween. The kids loved it!

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Bummer about the fire. (I've never trusted a single axle either!)
Pretty sweet looking ride for sure.

What are the doors you've added and how do you like them?

R

RickB

Jan 18, 2017
Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bummer about the fire. (I've never trusted a single axle either!)
Pretty sweet looking ride for sure.

What are the doors you've added and how do you like them?

Thanks! They are the Honda fabric doors. They’re ok for the money. If you’re looking to have it completely sealed up the not the best but I also didn’t want to spend $3-5k on the hard doors and enclosure. It is mostly a wind break. There are some other areas like the gear shift boxes that let a ton of air in that I’ll have to work on it the doors and rear divider made a huge difference. The heater can keep up with it even in temps below 30.

Reactions: elkguide
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
good looking ride.

what stereo did you get?

R

RickB

Jan 18, 2017
Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
good looking ride.

what stereo did you get?

It has a Sony deck and boss speakers. Swamp Donkey is the name of the company that makes it. I got it on amazon for like $600 with free shipping. I’ve been really happy with it. It puts out some pretty decent sound for the money. I also wanted a regular deck so that I could hook up satellite radio to it. I like listening to baseball and football games when I’m out camping/hunting. I live in Wyoming so there’s a lot of open space with little to no radio reception.

Reactions: Tuco69 and Dragon21
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Where in Wyoming?
I worked out of Cody for 10 years.

R

RickB

Jan 18, 2017
Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Put on a high lift last night. It mounted up nicely on the roll cage. 2ab601a49f7faf8c0079ec9ad9b3e3d722e51ba8f7aaa39e54c0d88bffc232b91f09b463266e38115a6ecaf59bd5966c

Reactions: pct and JTW
B

BryanHeard55

Apr 6, 2016
Elko,Nevada
Hi guys. I'm new to the site but have been lurking for a while! Everyone has been doing some awesome mods to their P1k's and so I thought I'd share mine. Thanks for all the feedback and posts everyone has done in the past. It definitely has helped me!

Here's the stock original that everyone knows.
View attachment 34787

First project: Honda tilt windshield. EMP front bumper, LED lights in bumper and winch. Also installed a rocker switch panel to control all the fun toys!
View attachment 34788
View attachment 34789
View attachment 34790
View attachment 34791

Second Project: Installed second battery, a smoked plastic roof because I still wanted light to be able to pass through, then installed a roof rack, a 32" light bar in the front, 20" in the back, and two LED strip lights that I mounted to the roof that act as killer dome lights. Also added a cobra handheld cb radio and fire stick antenna
View attachment 34792
View attachment 34793
View attachment 34794
View attachment 34795
View attachment 34796
View attachment 34797

Third Project: put my EMP rear bumper on last night.
View attachment 34798
View attachment 34799

I've got some plans for some future mods but this is it for now. Thanks!

Hi guys. I'm new to the site but have been lurking for a while! Everyone has been doing some awesome mods to their P1k's and so I thought I'd share mine. Thanks for all the feedback and posts everyone has done in the past. It definitely has helped me!

View attachment 34787

First project: Honda tilt windshield. EMP front bumper, LED lights in bumper and winch. Also installed a rocker switch panel to control all the fun toys!
View attachment 34788
View attachment 34789
View attachment 34790
View attachment 34791

Second Project: Installed second battery, a smoked plastic roof because I still wanted light to be able to pass through, then installed a roof rack, a 32" light bar in the front, 20" in the back, and two LED strip lights that I mounted to the roof that act as killer dome lights. Also added a cobra handheld cb radio and fire stick antenna
View attachment 34792
View attachment 34793
View attachment 34794
View attachment 34795
View attachment 34796
View attachment 34797

View attachment 34798
View attachment 34799

What is the name of the roof rack?

Locohonda

Locohonda

Nov 6, 2017
Northern Va
Ownership

1. 1000-3
RickB

How do like the fabric doors?

I have a Wrangler with soft top, is the material and build quality about the same as a Jeep soft door?

The plastic piece that goes in the front corner of the door, does that come with the doors?

How is that piece attached?

Even with that filler piece it still looks like there is a gap? Yes/no?

R

RickB

Jan 18, 2017
Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
RickB

How do like the fabric doors?

I have a Wrangler with soft top, is the material and build quality about the same as a Jeep soft door?

The plastic piece that goes in the front corner of the door, does that come with the doors?

How is that piece attached?

Even with that filler piece it still looks like there is a gap? Yes/no?

The fabric doors helped with the wind quite a bit. It definitely does not seal up the doors perfectly. The triangular plastic piece comes with the doors and uses existing push attachments to mount. It helps block the wind also. You can kind of move it to shield better though. I would say the quality of the doors are similar tho jeep soft tops. Like I said though it is not a perfect seal.

Locohonda

Locohonda

Nov 6, 2017
Northern Va
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The fabric doors helped with the wind quite a bit. It definitely does not seal up the doors perfectly. The triangular plastic piece comes with the doors and uses existing push attachments to mount. It helps block the wind also. You can kind of move it to shield better though. I would say the quality of the doors are similar tho jeep soft tops. Like I said though it is not a perfect seal.

I see that you also have the rear soft panel.

Does that seal behind the seat well?

With the cab enclosed does your heater keep you warm?

Fireman013

Fireman013

Lifetime Member
Nov 24, 2017
Nashville Area
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 34787

View attachment 34788
View attachment 34789
View attachment 34790
View attachment 34791

View attachment 34792
View attachment 34793
View attachment 34794
View attachment 34795
View attachment 34796
View attachment 34797

View attachment 34798
View attachment 34799

R

RickB

Jan 18, 2017
Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I see that you also have the rear soft panel.

Does that seal behind the seat well?

With the cab enclosed does your heater keep you warm?

Yes the rear panel helps a lot. My heater does a pretty good job, especially at lower speeds.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!