P500 My Dash Switch Locations + Voltmeter

L

Lburou

Dec 3, 2019
Dallas/Fort Worth area, USA
Ownership

1. 500
We are adding a light bar & rock lights to our p500. We also relocated the headlight switch and put the new voltmeter in its place. Here are the pictures of the dash modifications. One picture illustrates the way potential switch positions are outlined on the back side of the dash, making it easier to locate as many as four additional switches.

IMG 3280
IMG 3282 LI

DoubleDee

DoubleDee

Feb 25, 2020
Dallas, GA
Ownership

1. 500
Nice. Hadn’t thought about moving the headlamp switch. Like the uniformity with all the lights in one area. And using the existing hole for the voltmeter. Im planning my layout and will use this as a template. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Lburou
70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
I can't see my headlight switch when driving, it's hidden behind the steering wheel... might not be a good idea to put something there you would like to see often...

L

Lburou

Dec 3, 2019
Ownership

1. 500
Nice. Hadn’t thought about moving the headlamp switch. Like the uniformity with all the lights in one area. And using the existing hole for the voltmeter. Im planning my layout and will use this as a template. Thanks for sharing.
I used a dremel tool to enlarge the original hole for the headlight switch. These particular switches will be illuminated whenever the ignition is on.

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Nice work. I second the comment about not being able to see the headlight switch on the dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We are adding a light bar & rock lights to our p500. We also relocated the headlight switch and put the new voltmeter in its place. Here are the pictures of the dash modifications. One picture illustrates the way potential switch positions are outlined on the back side of the dash, making it easier to locate as many as four additional switches.

View attachment 198927
View attachment 198928
Even the triangular space to the left and right of the digital display is useful for mounting.. In the one on the right I have a dual USB if you look behind the Ram mount for phone..
87292F61 80E4 4183 94A6 D296110AD72B

Reactions: 12luck12 and Lburou
L

Lburou

Dec 3, 2019
Ownership

1. 500
12Luvk12, I'd be interested in just how you mounted your rock lights. Do you have any pictures? How did you route the wires? Where did you find that rear carrier? Any more pictures of it? TIA :)

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
I can't see my headlight switch when driving, it's hidden behind the steering wheel... might not be a good idea to put something there you would like to see often...
Nice work. I second the comment about not being able to see the headlight switch on the dash.
X3 👍🏼

12luck12

12luck12

Feb 10, 2019
Genesee idaho
Ownership

1. 500
12Luvk12, I'd be interested in just how you mounted your rock lights. Do you have any pictures? How did you route the wires? Where did you find that rear carrier? Any more pictures of it? TIA :)
Home Built the back end. Will try and get some pics of the lights i used. nothing special bought off Ebay.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!