P1000 My dual battery setup

J

Johnny787

Jul 28, 2017
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yesterday I got a good start on my dual battery setup. I am doing it similar to "nc dragon" on youtube. I'm holding off wiring up all the switches and accessories until my switch panel comes in.

I go from primary battery to isolator to second battery to winch to relay to fuse panel. I plan to run the ssv stereo, front light bar and rear light bar off the fuse block.

I'm also planning on using the same radiator hose to extend my intake as ncdragon used. I used the factory setup for the winch which is why my power block is mounted where it is.

52910314156  BF1AF12D 7B38 423B 9504 8BCB3D5FA0A3

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yesterday I got a good start on my dual battery setup. I am doing it similar to "nc dragon" on youtube. I'm holding off wiring up all the switches and accessories until my switch panel comes in.

I go from primary battery to isolator to second battery to winch to relay to fuse panel. I plan to run the ssv stereo, front light bar and rear light bar off the fuse block.

I'm also planning on using the same radiator hose to extend my intake as ncdragon used. I used the factory setup for the winch which is why my power block is mounted where it is.

View attachment 55839
Do you have the battery model # handy? I'm in the process of installing a second battery.

ripHST

ripHST

Feb 27, 2017
Van Etten, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 55839

I was thinking of putting my Blue Sea where you have it. I’m trying to work out how to attach it though. How did you attach yours?

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

View attachment 55839

Glad to see my video is helpful. But really its the members of this forum that gave me all the ideas so i cant take credit. lots of good info here and tons of helpful people

Reactions: JTW and Smitty335
S

silverbullet

Oct 23, 2016
Leitchfield, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Glad to see my video is helpful. But really its the members of this forum that gave me all the ideas so i cant take credit. lots of good info here and tons of helpful people
Is there anyway you could post a diagram on how you wired up your dual power dual throw switch?

L

LJSXS

Nov 27, 2019
Springdale Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

View attachment 55839
I like this setup but have a question. Can someone explain to me what the stinger relay will do in this specific setup? Thanks

TheHoover

TheHoover

Jun 26, 2018
PNW
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like this setup but have a question. Can someone explain to me what the stinger relay will do in this specific setup? Thanks
It’s basically a kill spot in between the 2nd battery and fuse box. Hook it up to a switch and you can kill the current to fuse box.

Reactions: TripleB and LJSXS

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!