BOX1

P500 My New Hunting Buggy

tsugrad06

tsugrad06

Oct 31, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
I am new to the SXS forum. I recently bought the 500 and have started to get her ready for my hunting/shooting excursions. First order of business was to build a bed for the back that we could shoot off.

I figured I would post the start of my build to get some opinions or feedback.

Not done yet but I have a good start to my platform. Shooter sits on yeti cooler and will shoot off the roof.

IMG 3149 IMG 3161

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Good start....PDogs? You may want to add three of the camper type stabilizing jacks.

tsugrad06

tsugrad06

Oct 31, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
I am still working on my rear storage/shooting platform, but I thought I would post some updated pictures.

I added latches to the small rear tailgate & I mounted a vertical rifle/tool holder. The bed is mounted directly to the frame so she is really steady.

Things left to do: Fabricate side doors that will fold down vertically and double as a small ladder. Weld on a hand full of d-rings for strapping gear down. Give her 2 more coats of black paint.

Anyone else out there have any ideas for me or features that you guys think I might need?

I am thinking about adjusting my rear shocks to make them a little stiffer. I am not doing too much aggressive rock climbing or speed racing so I don't think that would have an effect on my ride too much. Thoughts?

I am taking her out to my property this weekend to do some hunting so hopefully next week I will have a few pictures of her in action.

Roland

1 2 3 4 5 6

Reactions: solrus and Jshell3
O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
When driving you might want to consider a gun case of some kind. Dust and dirt gets pretty bad on a gun in the open.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!