Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome to the group from GA. Thanks for sharing, have a double amputee veteran friend met during his house build by A Soilders Journey Home, mortgage free. He has a Ranger sxs. Good info.

Reactions: hondabob64
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
SpaceTroll

SpaceTroll

Jul 8, 2018
Kirbyville Tx
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from East Texas. I'm about 15 miles from the Sabine river . Nice looking ride. Good luck with the deer hunting. I've got a few friends in Louisiana that hunt and they seem to have good luck with rice bran. Have you tried it and if so how do you like it ?

hondabob64

hondabob64

Oct 22, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome to the group from GA. Thanks for sharing, have a double amputee veteran friend met during his house build by A Soilders Journey Home, mortgage free. He has a Ranger sxs. Good info.
I

hondabob64

hondabob64

Oct 22, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
DDA106CA 6F8F 4D4F A8BE CE0D17955659
My handicap accessible deerstand

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Wheelchair lift installed that a friend gave me. Previously in a compact suv to lift a power chair.

View attachment 98678 View attachment 98679

Very cool, that has to be a huge help! It must pivot over to the drivers door so you can pick it up? How does the chair ride on the rack, does it just hang there and bounce around?
Is there something else you need on that machine that would make it more accessible or safer for you? Forgive my ignorance on the subject as I have no clue what you must have to endure to just wheel out there and ride. I envy you for sticking with your passion and would like to offer my help, with no intent of offending you? If there's a strap system or mechanical device needed that would make it more suitable, throw out some ideas or part numbers and let's make it happen. :)

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Like Trigger and others, count me in for help and impressed by the level of perseverance and commitment to enjoy the outdoors. I hope you are able to get a Boone and Crocket buck from that stand....

PS... I'm confident you have inspired some here, self included to "suck it up" and get busy doing things you enjoy instead of whining....

hondabob64

hondabob64

Oct 22, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Like Trigger and others, count me in for help and impressed by the level of perseverance and commitment to enjoy the outdoors. I hope you are able to get a Boone and Crocket buck from that stand....

PS... I'm confident you have inspired some here, self included to "suck it up" and get busy doing things you enjoy instead of whining....

Reactions: Mudwing and BWAF
hondabob64

hondabob64

Oct 22, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
I’ve gotta come up with a yoke type device to hold my chair like a coat hanger shape to attach the lift strap to. I’m looking online now. I removed the loop bar on the left side on the main frame bar & the left door so I can transfer from my wheelchair using a transfer board to slide up & onto the seat. Temporarily I’ve been using an old tie down & pulling the chair up on the side. But it moves & sways & causes me clearance issues. Thanks guys for your support & input.

0A4D08CD 6E1A 43BA B3CD E17A6F4FCC84

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I’ve gotta come up with a yoke type device to hold my chair like a coat hanger shape to attach the lift strap to. I’m looking online now. I removed the loop bar on the left side on the main frame bar & the left door so I can transfer from my wheelchair using a transfer board to slide up & onto the seat. Temporarily I’ve been using an old tie down & pulling the chair up on the side. But it moves & sways & causes me clearance issues. Thanks guys for your support & input.

View attachment 98882
Have you thought about a swing away lift that would put your chair in the bed? We tried a female plumbing tec, that couldn't lift a sewer cabling machine, so we got a lift that did this, pretty slick! Still didn't work, hormonal issues, no lift for that!!!! HA!

Reactions: BWAF
hondabob64

hondabob64

Oct 22, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Have you thought about a swing away lift that would put your chair in the bed? We tried a female plumbing tec, that couldn't lift a sewer cabling machine, so we got a lift that did this, pretty slick! Still didn't work, hormonal issues, no lift for that!!!! HA!
That’s what I have now. Boom type(manual rotation) with tethered remote to lift chair then pivot onto rear rack. Not fully wired up yet. Just got boom mounted to factory rear rack 2 days ago. Pioneer is only 2 months old. Still adapting & getting used to things. But I am able to go the woods, unload & ride my P5 to my stands & check cameras.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That’s what I have now. Boom type(manual rotation) with tethered remote to lift chair then pivot onto rear rack. Not fully wired up yet. Just got boom mounted to factory rear rack 2 days ago. Pioneer is only 2 months old. Still adapting & getting used to things. But I am able to go the woods, unload & ride my P5 to my stands & check cameras.
We got to ride together, your way cool!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The lift we have is a manual rotation as well, wonder if anybody makes a power model?

Reactions: Chooglin
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I’ve gotta come up with a yoke type device to hold my chair like a coat hanger shape to attach the lift strap to. I’m looking online now. View attachment 98882
Thanks for the picture and thoughts on what you have planned next. I know there is interest in helping and would be glad to chew on a yoke or alternative attachment for the pioneer and that's not a Christmas thing here, but rather ongoing great folks passionate about helping one another with UTV's....

Reactions: Eltobgi
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 98882

Research to find a solution and if it ends up being a device needed, share it with us and we'll help you get it. I'm not big on the 'go fund me' crap because it's generally people that are too lazy to work for what they want or just don't have the patience to wait. This is a different situation and far more worthy cause in my eyes.
It can be hard for a man to come off of his pride and accept help from strangers but this isn't facepuke. There is an unspoken, underlying brotherhood on this forum and when a brother is truly in need we come together in force. The only thing we'll ask for in return is a pic of you in that machine with a smile on your face.

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
I'd like to help also, whether it's technical know how or financial. I know it's hard to ask, but remember, it makes us feel good to be able to help. You'd be doing us a favor if there was an electric winch/swing arm to move that chair to the rear deck and we could help pay for it! You are an inspiration to us!!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!