P1000 My plug for my dealer :)

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am dealing with Shawn at Mega-Motorsports in Toccoa Georgia, for my Honda Pioneer 1000.

I originally went with another dealer initially, Waynesville Cycle in Waynesville NC. But after numerous failed returned phone calls, being told vast amounts of INCORRECT information (wanted white but was told that only the 1000-5 comes in white, told skid plates won't fit with the plow package and there is no DCT filter, just a screen that you clean out) combined with a full MSRP across the board including freight, doc fees and assembly charges, I decided maybe it was in my best interest to shop around..

So glad I did. I got a hold of Shawn and explained the situation. From that point forward, he was a tiger. He communicated extraordinarily well, didn't wait for me to contact him but always contacted me and beat their deal by throwing in a full five-year non-Honda warranty and 4 upgraded Mudlite tires, while letting me keep the four original ones that came with it! This was about $1500 in extras.

This is all before I even decided to switch dealers. Once I did switch? Well, if it had stopped there I wouldn't be writing this review.

What impressed me was the level of pride and satisfaction he gets by doing builds.

He seemed more excited than me to do this build!!! Kept sending me pictures along the way showing the progress, and was VERY particular and picky about his builds. His mechanic came in on his day off to start the build when the parts came in. That shows excitement :)

He was so particular, that after mounting the tires, he sent me pictures and asked me if this was OK, as a lot of people liked fatter tire on the back and smaller ones on the front. And if I didn't like them, he would order 2 new wider rear ones to make sure I was satisfied???

Who the heck does that?? Who throws in 4 tires for FREE and then says if I don't like the look of the FREE rear ones he'll order two more and put them on? Amazing customer service!

I told him absolutely not, I wanted 4 identical tires and and a skinny tire digs in dirt much better than a fat one anyway!

In short, these people have integrity. They have pride in the merchandise they put out. They stamp their name on it and they want to make sure everyone knows they stamp their name on it. They are not afraid of their work!

I have never met the mechanic, Brandon, but I can absolutely guarantee you that he takes exceptional pride in what he is doing for me. Though I am dealing with Shawn, I can tell by the way he talks that Brandon puts an equal amount of pride and satisfaction in the work that he accomplishes for others. This particular mechanic is not going to do things half ass that's for sure.

I would highly recommend Mega-Motorsports in Toccoa, but most importantly, Shawn and Brandon at Mega-Motorsports.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
All right... I love positive dealer stories. I'll throw the plug on the socials accounts maybe tomorrow.

Like everything else, positive stories always get drowned out by the bad stories but truly there are way more positive encounters then negative.
Thanks for sharing.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I am dealing with Shawn at Mega-Motorsports in Toccoa Georgia, for my Honda Pioneer 1000.

I originally went with another dealer initially, Waynesville Cycle in Waynesville NC. But after numerous failed returned phone calls, being told vast amounts of INCORRECT information (wanted white but was told that only the 1000-5 comes in white, told skid plates won't fit with the plow package and there is no DCT filter, just a screen that you clean out) combined with a full MSRP across the board including freight, doc fees and assembly charges, I decided maybe it was in my best interest to shop around..

So glad I did. I got a hold of Shawn and explained the situation. From that point forward, he was a tiger. He communicated extraordinarily well, didn't wait for me to contact him but always contacted me and beat their deal by throwing in a full five-year non-Honda warranty and 4 upgraded Mudlite tires, while letting me keep the four original ones that came with it! This was about $1500 in extras.

This is all before I even decided to switch dealers. Once I did switch? Well, if it had stopped there I wouldn't be writing this review.

What impressed me was the level of pride and satisfaction he gets by doing builds.

He seemed more excited than me to do this build!!! Kept sending me pictures along the way showing the progress, and was VERY particular and picky about his builds. His mechanic came in on his day off to start the build when the parts came in. That shows excitement :)

He was so particular, that after mounting the tires, he sent me pictures and asked me if this was OK, as a lot of people liked fatter tire on the back and smaller ones on the front. And if I didn't like them, he would order 2 new wider rear ones to make sure I was satisfied???

Who the heck does that?? Who throws in 4 tires for FREE and then says if I don't like the look of the FREE rear ones he'll order two more and put them on? Amazing customer service!

I told him absolutely not, I wanted 4 identical tires and and a skinny tire digs in dirt much better than a fat one anyway!

In short, these people have integrity. They have pride in the merchandise they put out. They stamp their name on it and they want to make sure everyone knows they stamp their name on it. They are not afraid of their work!

I have never met the mechanic, Brandon, but I can absolutely guarantee you that he takes exceptional pride in what he is doing for me. Though I am dealing with Shawn, I can tell by the way he talks that Brandon puts an equal amount of pride and satisfaction in the work that he accomplishes for others. This particular mechanic is not going to do things half ass that's for sure.

I would highly recommend Mega-Motorsports in Toccoa, but most importantly, Shawn and Brandon at Mega-Motorsports.
And I thought my dealer was good. Dang!! That's awesome wish everyone was like that

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I am also glad to hear abut a dealer that takes care of the customer!
I am in the service business, and I get more jobs by word of mouth and referrals than cold calls. I always incourage new customers to check my references.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!