My wife is in a rare group of people

MiniRF

MiniRF

NTC's Newest Fool
Lifetime Member
Apr 2, 2024
Georgia
My wife has a rare form of Alzheimer's that is genetic and starts in the mid to late 30s. We were lucky to get plugged into the folks at the DIAN Registry. This type of Alzheimer's affects less than 1% of the population. We were accepted into a drug trial. Last Oct we went to Indianapolis as IU was the closest research center accepting patients. After MRIs, PET Scans, a lumbar puncture, and cognitive testing she was given the first dose of Lecanemab. A research nurse comes to our house every 2 weeks to administer it. Last week we went back for the same battery of tests. She became the 80th person in the world that is getting Lecanemab and either E2814 or the placebo. It's double blind so we won't know. Pretty crazy to think how lucky we are to get into this program. Even though it isn't life saving, we hope it helps the next generation.
🙏🙏🙏

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got notified my BIL has been placed in hospice. He is in the late stages of this awful disease.
I'm sorry to hear this. But, she is in the care of people who can give her the best management of her health and well-being. It's a blessing to have people available like this, now.
‍🩹

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk