P1000 Mystery oil leak

S

StevenE

Jul 11, 2017
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My 2016 P1000 has a major oil leak I can't find. I really can't offer much to help ID the issue, I was afraid of breaking bolts on the engine cover and the cover on the undercarriage. It was not the oil drain plugs, all 3 are okay. The P1000 is my work vehicle and I put many hours and miles. I change oil every 2 months and thought maybe I got in a rush and stripped a plug..but all were OK. the filters were okay. on level ground the oil leaks somewhere between the rear 2 (12 mm) plugs, but no oil dripping from the plugs. I am taking it in this week, but wanted to know if anyone else had similar problems,

Reactions: TxDoc and Lady01
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Do you recall hitting rocks on the skid plate? The OEM skids offers minimal coverage and pitiful protection against sharp rocks. A few unfortunate people have cracked the engine or sub transmission cases from hitting such objects.

Beyond the above:

Check the output shaft seals from the sub transmission.

The O-rings on the engine and DCT filter covers are susceptible to getting damaged if not careful and can leak. Bolts for filter covers seem to get stripped by people occasionally as well.

The drain plugs have soft aluminum crush washers that tend to stick to the casing and fall out during oil draining, never had one leak because I missed replacing it but always a possibility.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!