P1000 Need Help - Not running right after towing in rain storm

R

roadking92

Sep 20, 2019
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was back east last month and took the P1000. Used it to get to stand, haul deer, and a quick trip to an offroad park while we were there. Worked perfect the whole time. On our way back home we ran into rain for the better part of a day on an open trailer.
When we got home it started fine, took it off the trailer and left it running to unhook the trailer while i was doing that it stalled. I had a real hard time getting it started after that. Struggled to get it in the garage and it was really not running worth crap.
After some reading, I am assuming i got water in the gas tank from the vent lines. (No, I am stupid and didn’t extend them yet). I jacked up the driver side and used a pump to pump out all the fuel. I added a bottle of Heet and refilled the tank. I got it running and it is definitely better, but if I try to run it down the road it wants to stall if I try to run it hard, or put more load on it. If I start it and leave it idle in the garage until it warms up, I can for the most part rev it up with out it bogging or shutting off. It will at times shut off if I rev it and let it fall back to idle before it is fully warmed up.
I am not getting any codes when it shuts down, just dies and will restart somewhat easily most times.
Before I drain another 8+ gals of fuel again, is there anything else that could be the culprit here, or is it just likely still some water in there giving me issues?
I did change the sub trans fluid as well and will do that one more time just to be safe as well.
Thanks for you your help.

Reactions: TxDoc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!