P700 Need help please

S

Smileyweb78

Sep 1, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-2
I've been having my 700-2 for almost 2 years now.. And have zero complaints except I wish it did have a little more pep.. I've been hunting down a limestone road and had no need for other than the factory tires.. Now I'm hunting down a horrible road and the factory settings will no longer work.. Ive installed some spacers on the bike for more clearance and a bolt bracket one the bottom of my shocks which I have a total of 13.5 inches of ground clearance.. The question is I'm thinking about getting some 27x9 / 27x11 Mega Mahems...does anyone have anything similar and what is the performance of the bike like this??

Neohio

Beast of the East
Advertisment

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think you'll be fine. Seems like guys start noticing power loss when they go over 28" and even then, it's not always. I went to 26" and felt absolutely zero difference power wise.

Reactions: Smileyweb78
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I've been having my 700-2 for almost 2 years now.. And have zero complaints except I wish it did have a little more pep.. I've been hunting down a limestone road and had no need for other than the factory tires.. Now I'm hunting down a horrible road and the factory settings will no longer work.. Ive installed some spacers on the bike for more clearance and a bolt bracket one the bottom of my shocks which I have a total of 13.5 inches of ground clearance.. The question is I'm thinking about getting some 27x9 / 27x11 Mega Mahems...does anyone have anything similar and what is the performance of the bike like this??
Sell it to me and go buy exactly what you want/need. ;)

S

Smileyweb78

Sep 1, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-2
Sell it to me and go buy exactly what you want/need. ;)
It's all the bike I need, I would love to get a p1k but this bike is fine .. I just don't want to bog it down to bad with oversized tires.. And if it doesn't perform like I need it to then we can talk about it!!!o_O

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It's all the bike I need, I would love to get a p1k but this bike is fine .. I just don't want to bog it down to bad with oversized tires.. And if it doesn't perform like I need it to then we can talk about it!!!o_O
Sounds good. Surely you can go a little larger on tires and be ok. We do it with the P5 and its a wee 475cc.

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
I was running 28x11 zillas all way around on mine and it done good now running 30x10 rocktanes and it still does good long as ur frame isn't dragging the ground it doesn't have to much problem

Reactions: Smileyweb78

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!