P1000 Need help with deciding on Stereo options guys!!

jmanAZ

jmanAZ

Jan 14, 2020
tucson
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thank you. I'll bite the bullet.
One last thing. This sounds dumb, but if I connect it to switch power the radio, even while the key is on, stays off until I hit the power button on the stereo right? I don't need a rocker switch do I (I see some people have one and I'm assuming that's because they went straight to battery)?

Thanks

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One last thing. This sounds dumb, but if I connect it to switch power the radio, even while the key is on, stays off until I hit the power button on the stereo right? I don't need a rocker switch do I (I see some people have one and I'm assuming that's because they went straight to battery)?

Thanks
I wired mine to a seperate switch from my auxiliary battery so I can completely kill it and isolate it from my oem electrical system. There is memory in the radio that will draw parasitic power, even with the key and radio off. I run my stereo all day in the shop sometimes with no drain on the main battery. Just my preference.
Probably not a show stopper through your key if you ride daily and or have your buggy hooked to a battery tender off hour.

CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Might I suggest swampdonkey tunes if you havent already bought.

jmanAZ

jmanAZ

Jan 14, 2020
tucson
Ownership

1. 700-4
I wired mine to a seperate switch from my auxiliary battery so I can completely kill it and isolate it from my oem electrical system. There is memory in the radio that will draw parasitic power, even with the key and radio off. I run my stereo all day in the shop sometimes with no drain on the main battery. Just my preference.
Probably not a show stopper through your key if you ride daily and or have your buggy hooked to a battery tender off hour.
makes sense. Thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!