P1000 Need help with deciding on Stereo options guys!!

jmanAZ

jmanAZ

Jan 14, 2020
tucson
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thank you. I'll bite the bullet.
One last thing. This sounds dumb, but if I connect it to switch power the radio, even while the key is on, stays off until I hit the power button on the stereo right? I don't need a rocker switch do I (I see some people have one and I'm assuming that's because they went straight to battery)?

Thanks

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One last thing. This sounds dumb, but if I connect it to switch power the radio, even while the key is on, stays off until I hit the power button on the stereo right? I don't need a rocker switch do I (I see some people have one and I'm assuming that's because they went straight to battery)?

Thanks
I wired mine to a seperate switch from my auxiliary battery so I can completely kill it and isolate it from my oem electrical system. There is memory in the radio that will draw parasitic power, even with the key and radio off. I run my stereo all day in the shop sometimes with no drain on the main battery. Just my preference.
Probably not a show stopper through your key if you ride daily and or have your buggy hooked to a battery tender off hour.

CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Might I suggest swampdonkey tunes if you havent already bought.

jmanAZ

jmanAZ

Jan 14, 2020
tucson
Ownership

1. 700-4
I wired mine to a seperate switch from my auxiliary battery so I can completely kill it and isolate it from my oem electrical system. There is memory in the radio that will draw parasitic power, even with the key and radio off. I run my stereo all day in the shop sometimes with no drain on the main battery. Just my preference.
Probably not a show stopper through your key if you ride daily and or have your buggy hooked to a battery tender off hour.
makes sense. Thanks