P1000 Need help with deciding on Stereo options guys!!

Chevy412SP

Chevy412SP

Aug 30, 2018
Western New York
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok guys, need your help. I am trying to decide on my layout for a switch plate that I want to eventually order from @mystic1219 . So far I have started ordering switches from OTRATTW for things I plan to put on the machine such as:
-Fan under the seat
-Override switch for engine fan (kit from the club store, alot of great stuff there)
-dual USB port for charging
- 2 winch in out switches (eventually putting rear winch on,already have it just need to figure how I'm mounting it)
-2 winch power switches
-52" curved light bar
-dome light
-AUX battery switch
-backup lights (for when field dressing deer)
-dome light
-stereo
& dual battery voltage meter that came with true isolator dual battery kit

Now I'm looking at 3 different stereo options:
1. BOSS Audio Systems MGR350B Marine Gauge Receiver - B
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VV6Y7O2/?tag=sxsweb24-20
I like this one because it is cheaper initially (until you add an amp and marine speakers) and it gives you option of local music channels and weather report. It's alot more to wire up.

2. BOSS Audio Systems BRRC27 500w Powered Sound Bar+Bluetooth Controller+Dome Light RZR ATV UTV
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FC3SYLG/?tag=sxsweb24-20

I like this one for easy of setup and installation and it allows you to control the unit from a external source instead of just phone. I like the addition of the dome light which could then free up a space for a switch. I can't find much in reviews for this one. About 50/50 on how well it works

3.BOSS Audio Systems BRT27A 27 Inch Sound Bar Audio System - Bluetooth, Weatherproof, Built-in Amplifier, for Use with ATV UTV SideXSide, Featuring RGB Lights
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DS26NGT/?tag=sxsweb24-20

This one is slightly cheaper than #2, A few more wires to run and you can only control off an Ipod or phone.

With options #2 & #3 it frees up alot of room on the dash board but don't find many good reviews. I like the fact that it mounts very close to the roof bar and does not hang down as I am 6ft 5 and need all the head room I can get. I need some inside as to any other options or does anybody have either of the 2 sound bars and can give feed back? I like the fact also that amp is built into the sound bar and not having to find somewhere dry to mount it and run wires. Any thoughts, comments, or insight is greatly appreciated.

Reactions: DanDan
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Have you seen this?
P500 - MTX Overhead Audio Pod fits!

They are still out there for $200 if you look. I had one in my 500, and then I made a bracket and put it in my 1000-5. Also found an MTX add on audio pod that I am currently working on getting installed as rear speakers. If you look in that thread I posted a couple pics of my install in a 1000. Its a really nice unit with bluetooth. It's overhead, so your dash is still open and it's a simple three wire install.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I've got the MGR350B and the 4" Boss wake tower speakers. No issues out of either and it's plenty loud for me. I may add a subwoofer at some point but other goodies for the buggy have been taking up my play money.

Reactions: Chevy412SP
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the PowerBass XL-800 bar. It’s mounted to the rear of the middle overhead bar and pointing down. Takes zero head room away from you and was the best sound I could find mounting in different locations and angles. Front and rear passengers hear it about the same so it’s not blowing one away so the other can hear it

Chevy412SP

Chevy412SP

Aug 30, 2018
Western New York
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you seen this?
P500 - MTX Overhead Audio Pod fits!

They are still out there for $200 if you look. I had one in my 500, and then I made a bracket and put it in my 1000-5. Also found an MTX add on audio pod that I am currently working on getting installed as rear speakers. If you look in that thread I posted a couple pics of my install in a 1000. Its a really nice unit with bluetooth. It's overhead, so your dash is still open and it's a simple three wire install.
I have not seen that. It’s looks pretty good, my only problem won’t work for because I have a gun rack mounted to the roof and the mounting bar runs from left to right so won’t work for me. I appreciate the link, it’s looks awesome. If I didn’t have the run rack I would definitely go that route.

Reactions: ehart814
Chevy412SP

Chevy412SP

Aug 30, 2018
Western New York
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the PowerBass XL-800 bar. It’s mounted to the rear of the middle overhead bar and pointing down. Takes zero head room away from you and was the best sound I could find mounting in different locations and angles. Front and rear passengers hear it about the same so it’s not blowing one away so the other can hear it
Hmm.... sound interesting, I will have to check that out, tks.

Chevy412SP

Chevy412SP

Aug 30, 2018
Western New York
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got the MGR350B and the 4" Boss wake tower speakers. No issues out of either and it's plenty loud for me. I may add a subwoofer at some point but other goodies for the buggy have been taking up my play money.
I hear ya there about goodies, just got done with s tough country front bumper. There went all my play money for awhile. Where did you mount the speakers?

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I hear ya there about goodies, just got done with s tough country front bumper. There went all my play money for awhile. Where did you mount the speakers?

ROPS over the top of the headrests

IMG 20190921 131207

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Is there any issue of them being in the way for rear seat passengers getting in and out of the back?
Not at all, let me see if I can find a picture from the side.

advertisement
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just decided to go with the Boss MGR350B round, contrary to my norm. I bought a plate from mystic and will add a Polk amp and 6 5" speakers I have laying around in the garage. The Boss gets ok reviews compared to all makes of round receiver. It' s cheap but has a 3 yr warranty and I added more fluff to the warranty for 7 bucks.
So I thought I'd give it a go. Lots of them in UTV's out there.
I'll get it all test firing this weekend and see how well the Boss works out.
I have crazy stereos on all my other stuff but decided to make this one functional.

JMO
Jim

Last edited:
R

rickoshea

i have the same boss w/o an amp and boss 6" speakers in my boat.the wife can hear my tunes when i'm a kilometer away on the other side of the lake and she's sitting on the deck of the house.good unit for the price.my p1k is just my smartphone with a pair of w king bluetooth speakers.portable and rechargeable.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did a nice job on the install, looks great!!
Thanks.
I have to say I'm a Polk Audio fan and their' Marine speakers make any head unit sound good if they have enough power to drive them..
With an amp they are a 100% different speaker.
They sound best if you can match their power rating to the amp, RMS.

jmanAZ

jmanAZ

Jan 14, 2020
tucson
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks.
I have to say I'm a Polk Audio fan and their' Marine speakers make any head unit sound good if they have enough power to drive them..
With an amp they are a 100% different speaker.
They sound best if you can match their power rating to the amp, RMS.

How has the Boss stereo been working? I'm thinking of buying one.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Amazingly well, actually.
I was skeptical of the quality with the reasonable price but nearly a year now; rain, mud, dust and it seems to continue to play fine.
Get good speakers or an amplifier.
It pushes my 6.5 Polk audio alright but is fantastic with an amp.

jmanAZ

jmanAZ

Jan 14, 2020
tucson
Ownership

1. 700-4
Amazingly well, actually.
I was skeptical of the quality with the reasonable price but nearly a year now; rain, mud, dust and it seems to continue to play fine.
Get good speakers or an amplifier.
It pushes my 6.5 Polk audio alright but is fantastic with an amp.
Thank you. I'll bite the bullet.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!