P1000 Need help

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
IMG 1241
Ok fellas I'm getting closer to picking pioneer up but need some input on roof and windshield. They priced it to me with full roof and poly hard coat solid windshield and 3 yr ext war. He is supposed to be getting me a price break down on accessories so I can compare. Roof wise the wife wants the full Honda hardtop and I want the Bimini top. I like the price and options with the Bimini but I would say she is going to win. Lol. So what is everyone's opinion on roofs? And I've been thinking about a windshield that opens or a vented windshield compared to solid. Does the vents help with the dust swirl in the p1k5? What are some roofs and windshields you guys have used? Honda priced me there 2 pc windshield for 1200$. That seems kinda steep to me. Wandering about fit and finish on aftermarket windshields. Any input or pics of your equipment would be appreciated. Thanks. The pic is of what she has picked out.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
$1200 is WAAAYYYYY over the top!!!!!!!

I have a 1000-3 and my dealer added a Honda hard roof, A Honda hard back window, a Honda glass windshield, a Warn 4500# winch, and a 6' Moose snow plow and those accessories cost me $3006, installed and out the door. I didn't buy the extended warranty and am still considering that.

Since the BOSS lady wants a hard top, the Honda hard top is great. The clamps are made for the Pioneer so they're a perfect fit. The windshield is a personal preference. You will NEED a back window to keep the dust from covering you.

Let the spending..... I mean FUN begin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 70798 Ok fellas I'm getting closer to picking pioneer up but need some input on roof and windshield. They priced it to me with full roof and poly hard coat solid windshield and 3 yr ext war. He is supposed to be getting me a price break down on accessories so I can compare. Roof wise the wife wants the full Honda hardtop and I want the Bimini top. I like the price and options with the Bimini but I would say she is going to win. Lol. So what is everyone's opinion on roofs? And I've been thinking about a windshield that opens or a vented windshield compared to solid. Does the vents help with the dust swirl in the p1k5? What are some roofs and windshields you guys have used? Honda priced me there 2 pc windshield for 1200$. That seems kinda steep to me. Wandering about fit and finish on aftermarket windshields. Any input or pics of your equipment would be appreciated. Thanks. The pic is of what she has picked out.
Honda hardtop is great. Super atv flip out windshield offers best of both worlds. Honda rear soft window is a must. Hondas website shows list price on acc. You should get 10-20% off acc. If the dealer is trying to screw you. Check out beloit honda. Just over the border in Wisconsin. Depending where your at in Illinois . Also I paid $600 for the 3 yr warranty

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks fellas. if we put a back windshield in there won't be adust swirl more inside the cab since it's a 5 seater? Was considering a mid panel and putting zippers in it to open when we take kids or friends.

Reactions: sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Agree with above if you’re going acrylic shield. Honda hard top for sure it takes a beating. Personally I prefer the Honda glass shield as it eliminates scratches but it can get hot. Super Atv would be my next choice. And yes it’ll help with dust as well as back panel as suggested

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Honda hardtop is great. Super atv flip out windshield offers best of both worlds. Honda rear soft window is a must. Hondas website shows list price on acc. You should get 10-20% off acc. If the dealer is trying to screw you. Check out beloit honda. Just over the border in Wisconsin. Depending where your at in Illinois . Also I paid $600 for the 3 yr warranty
I am closer to STL. The dealer has shot me a good price or what I think is a good price. I have been looking for some time and according to what other members on here has said what they pd it is a good price but just checking on accessories. Always out to save some money if it's worth it and if there is money to be saved. Other thing is in the deal they are not installing and it's about a day round trip and the p1k5 won't fit in the enclosed trailer so I'm going to have to figure out hauling the roof and windshield home. Lol

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 70798 Ok fellas I'm getting closer to picking pioneer up but need some input on roof and windshield. They priced it to me with full roof and poly hard coat solid windshield and 3 yr ext war. He is supposed to be getting me a price break down on accessories so I can compare. Roof wise the wife wants the full Honda hardtop and I want the Bimini top. I like the price and options with the Bimini but I would say she is going to win. Lol. So what is everyone's opinion on roofs? And I've been thinking about a windshield that opens or a vented windshield compared to solid. Does the vents help with the dust swirl in the p1k5? What are some roofs and windshields you guys have used? Honda priced me there 2 pc windshield for 1200$. That seems kinda steep to me. Wandering about fit and finish on aftermarket windshields. Any input or pics of your equipment would be appreciated. Thanks. The pic is of what she has picked out.
Crap, I can't even keep a rear view mirror intact of more than two months, if you ride with me bring your own wind shield! HA!

Reactions: O2bsmitty
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am closer to STL. The dealer has shot me a good price or what I think is a good price. I have been looking for some time and according to what other members on here has said what they pd it is a good price but just checking on accessories. Always out to save some money if it's worth it and if there is money to be saved. Other thing is in the deal they are not installing and it's about a day round trip and the p1k5 won't fit in the enclosed trailer so I'm going to have to figure out hauling the roof and windshield home. Lol
Not sure how far you are willing to go to save $$ but ...... it is about 8 hrs from STL to Brookhaven Honda MS. Willing to bet there is NO other dealer in America that is selling them cheaper. When I was looking to buy back in Oct I checked all over for 2017 1000/5 Deluxe. Brookhaven sold me a 2018 cheaper than I could find a '17 ANYWHERE ..... $1460!!!! You will probably be saving enough to pay for those additions you wanted.

Also check out Armor Tech ...... ARMORTECH - TOUGHEST ON EARTH ..... I bought the short top, glass windshield and mid back with sliding window for little over $1500, all metal. The windshield folds down, making it wide open when desired. Price will vary by dealers, check with one in a small town, probably be cheaper is what I found.

Good luck.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Not sure how far you are willing to go to save $$ but ...... it is about 8 hrs from STL to Brookhaven Honda MS. Willing to bet there is NO other dealer in America that is selling them cheaper. When I was looking to buy back in Oct I checked all over for 2017 1000/5 Deluxe. Brookhaven sold me a 2018 cheaper than I could find a '17 ANYWHERE ..... $1460!!!! You will probably be saving enough to pay for those additions you wanted.

Also check out Armor Tech ...... ARMORTECH - TOUGHEST ON EARTH ..... I bought the short top, glass windshield and mid back with sliding window for little over $1500, all metal. The windshield folds down, making it wide open when desired. Price will vary by dealers, check with one in a small town, probably be cheaper is what I found.

Good luck.
Right now I'm dealing with SI Motorsports and we are at 15,600 on a 2018 p1k5 with 4 yr warranty, full hard roof and hard coat poly windshield. They are supposed to get me a break down on price for the accessories but from what I have seen 6-700 for warranty, 500 for roof and 400 for windshield so that would put bike at 14-14,100 Otd. I checked with our local dealer tonight on accessory pricing. That's where I come up with those prices. Cheapest Honda accessory prices I've found so far.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Right now I'm dealing with SI Motorsports and we are at 15,600 on a 2018 p1k5 with 4 yr warranty, full hard roof and hard coat poly windshield. They are supposed to get me a break down on price for the accessories but from what I have seen 6-700 for warranty, 500 for roof and 400 for windshield so that would put bike at 14-14,100 Otd. I checked with our local dealer tonight on accessory pricing. That's where I come up with those prices. Cheapest Honda accessory prices I've found so far.
Where's the skid price? One of the most important improvements!

Reactions: JTW
advertisement
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
EXCELLENT deal/price with those accessories included! Oh, just realized it is not the deluxe. Not sure of the difference in price, but probably still a good deal.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
EXCELLENT deal/price with those accessories included!
Yeah I'm happy with it just trying to make sure on which roof and windshield I want. Hate to buy and wish I had different.

Reactions: sharp
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
OK, great. All I saw was 1000/5.
At the start of the thread There is a pic of one he sent of one they set up for someone. That's what ours will look like. I wasn't a fan of the yellow and figured I would wrap it as soon as it hit my garage but the yellow is kinda growing on me.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
At the start of the thread There is a pic of one he sent of one they set up for someone. That's what ours will look like. I wasn't a fan of the yellow and figured I would wrap it as soon as it hit my garage but the yellow is kinda growing on me.
I think the yellow is kick ass on the Pioneer.

Reactions: sharp and O2bsmitty
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Better jump on it. Don't think you will beat that deal!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!