P1000 Need help

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm happy with the price. just making sure on windshield and roof. Don't want to buy and wish I would of done differently.
Yeah, I may be speaking out of ignorance. I forgot the rebates from Honda change regularly. They may be discount a lot more now than they were in Oct. Always best to shop around.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I think the yellow is kick ass on the Pioneer.
Yeah the yellow is growing on me. I'm thinking the wheels will become all black as long as the wife lets me. Lol. I will definitely post some pics of it as it becomes "mine". I haven't even got it home yet and it's as bad or worse than any other toy I have. I've got boxes stacking up on my tool box for it. Lights, stereo, turn signals, switch panel, 2 nd battery and materials to build the overhead.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yeah, I may be speaking out of ignorance. I forgot the rebates from Honda change regularly. They may be discount a lot more now than they were in Oct. Always best to shop around.
I was going to buy last fall but just couldn't get the wife to make up my mind on 3 or 5 seater and found it harder to write the check when it was getting colder.

Reactions: sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yeah the yellow is growing on me. I'm thinking the wheels will become all black as long as the wife lets me. Lol. I will definitely post some pics of it as it becomes "mine". I haven't even got it home yet and it's as bad or worse than any other toy I have. I've got boxes stacking up on my tool box for it. Lights, stereo, turn signals, switch panel, 2 nd battery and materials to build the overhead.
Black wheels would be awesome. You sound like @JTW awhile back sitting on a pile of parts waiting on the machine. Send lots of pics

Reactions: sharp and O2bsmitty
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Black wheels would be awesome. You sound like @JTW awhile back sitting on a pile of parts waiting on the machine. Send lots of pics
I've got ideas going thru my head keeping me from sleeping at night. Lol. I hope the stereo ceiling panel turns out like it is in my head and want to get it built but too many variables without machine sitting here.want to keep as much head room so a future chop could happen. Unless something drastic happens it should be in my garage maybe not this weekend but next. It's quite a drive down to get it and finding a Saturday with nothing going on. Darn kids and sports interfering with dads toys. Lol.

Reactions: sharp and Plumber32
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I won't be doing a lot of rock riding or rough trail riding. Mostly road cruises and farm use. Not saying it won't see some parks but I'm more of a sit back drink beer watch every body else type of rider. Lol
Yea right! The bug is about to bite you right square in the butt!

J

JTW

Ok.. my .02. If you’re buying a roof. Buy the Honda. I’d prolly make one knowing what I do now. But the Honda roof is good.

Windshield- if you want glass go the Honda route.. otherwise SUPER ATV flip out is the way to go.

You really should add skid plates considering how little protection is under the machine! Just an FYI!

And lastly.. don’t waste you $$$ on an extended warranty. You have a year to purchase it if you so choose. I wasn’t impressed with the factory warranty in that first year.. so I can only imagine how much bs I would get on an extended warranty!

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ok.. my .02. If you’re buying a roof. Buy the Honda. I’d prolly make one knowing what I do now. But the Honda roof is good.

Windshield- if you want glass go the Honda route.. otherwise SUPER ATV flip out is the way to go.

You really should add skid plates considering how little protection is under the machine! Just an FYI!

And lastly.. don’t waste you $$$ on an extended warranty.
Extended warranty? Not n

And lastly.. don’t waste you $$$ on an extended warranty. You have a year to purchase it if you so choose. I wasn’t impressed with the factory warranty in that first year.. so I can only imagine how much bs I would get on an extended warranty!
warranty? Honda not need warranty or? I've read a lot where Honda won't cover things and others that is happy they had it. ??

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Extended warranty? Not n

warranty? Honda not need warranty or? I've read a lot where Honda won't cover things and others that is happy they had it. ??
I wasn’t impressed with the first year warranty.. the couple issues I had the warranty didn’t cover or my dealer was just a douche. The warranty work seems to be ALL about the dealer you use. I’ve never been a warranty guy and the Honda and my new truck both reminded me why. You don’t have to buy it at checkout, so wait and see if your dealer is going to suit you before you spend $500 on a warranty they do a s*** job of honoring! After seeing the service I was getting... I opted not to purchase because they weren’t going to cover it anyway. Take that money and put a skid plate on it!

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Another question. Was just reading about the vent line extensions and some horror stories. I don't see me doing a lot of water riding other than some shallow creek crossing but is this a bad design on Honda's part and need correcting?

Reactions: sharp
advertisement
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Also think I will take JTW's advice and hold off on warranty. The local dealers have made it impossible to buy from them so I'm curious how they will be if I need work done. Wife says hard top so I guess the Honda full top is decided but windshield I like the super atv flip up that I think either plumber32
IMG 1277
or Cummingspusher suggested but I found this one on eBay for 200 less. Has anyone used one like this?

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Also does adding the rear panel add or help with the dust problem? I know on a 3 seater it helps but didn't know since it's a 5 if it would just make dust swirl in the cab?

J

JTW

Yeah, the mid panel helps with dust.. dunno on that windshield. But if you wait a little bit SuperATV will do a sale before long. The difference in windshields can be huge due to the hard coat.. buy the SATV flip!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yeah, the mid panel helps with dust.. dunno on that windshield. But if you wait a little bit SuperATV will do a sale before long. The difference in windshields can be huge due to the hard coat.. buy the SATV flip!
Agreed!

Pmed489

Pmed489

Sep 29, 2017
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
agree my super atv is the bomb close open some open all great vent feature. Also think about spend up front or financing for several years. may want to buy outright winch, top etc instead of 5-7 yr payment on a 300.00 part

Reactions: JTW
C

Cooterbob

Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the super atv flip windshield, love it so far. My question is, will it work with the hard Honda roof for the 3 seater ? If anyone has pics of where the roof mounts on front of roll bar it would be greatly appreciated.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ok ya all. Just got off the phone with dealer and he is talking about a RPM1 warranty. Any body heard of or had experience with it? Of course he didn't know prices of anything but when I told him I was thinking not getting extended warranty he told me it's cheaper when you buy the machine then adding later. Any input?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok ya all. Just got off the phone with dealer and he is talking about a RPM1 warranty. Any body heard of or had experience with it? Of course he didn't know prices of anything but when I told him I was thinking not getting extended warranty he told me it's cheaper when you buy the machine then adding later. Any input?

If you’re gonna get a warranty get the Honda warranty it can be used at any Honda dealer and honored by Honda. These 3rd party warranties are only honored at a specific dealer and NOT by Honda.

Reactions: JTW and elkguide
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
If you’re gonna get a warranty get the Honda warranty it can be used at any Honda dealer and honored by Honda. These 3rd party warranties are only honored at a specific dealer and NOT by Honda.
He says it can be taken to any dealer or certified shop?? I think I am gonna pass on the warranty and see how machine does. If I have issues then buy before the warranty runs out.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!