TitanTom

TitanTom

Forum Rocket Scientist
Lifetime Member
May 31, 2020
NE Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now that I've started to put together and order my list of electrical accessories, it's time to pick up some switches and a switch plate. Ive been looking at the switches at OTRATTW, based on the great reviews they get here, but I'm getting a bit confused...

L Series, V series, and then Contra with multiple series of just those...trying to pick out the right ones is making my gonads ache ( poor little things), and there is scant explanation on their site to provide a distinction between them. I do get the whole 'upper/lower independent thing', but basically, I'm just looking for a recommendation from you guys on which ones I need to get.

Also, will they install directly into a 'standard' switchplate, such as one of the PBR series, or will I need to order bezels from OTRATTW as well?

My electrical accessories are starting to show up and I sit here mired in switch misery.

I know, I know, "Pics or it didn't happen", but I'm sure (with one possible exception) that nobody here wants to see a picture of my achey gonads.

Last edited:
K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Look up Justin Beatty with Pioneer Switch Panels and Accessories on Facebook. His panels are cut for those switches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TitanTom
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Now that I've started to put together and order my list of electrical accessories, it's time to pick up some switches and a switch plate. Ive been looking at the switches at OTRATTW, based on the great reviews they get here, but I'm getting a bit confused...

L Series, V series, and then Contra with multiple series of just those...trying to pick out the right ones is making my gonads ache ( poor little things), and there is scant explanation on their site to provide a distinction between them. I do get the whole 'upper/lower independent thing', but basically, I'm just looking for a recommendation from you guys on which ones I need to get.

Also, will they install directly into a 'standard' switchplate, such as one of the PBR series, or will I need to order bezels from OTRATTW as well?

My electrical accessories are starting to show up and I sit here mired in switch misery.

I know, I know, "Pics or it didn't happen", but I'm sure (with one possible exception) that nobody here wants to see a picture of my achey gonads.
I'm pretty sure mine are v-series 5 pin. They will fit in the pbr switch plate without anything else. My buddy ordered his switches from them and I'm not sure what they were but they only had 4 pins. They worked also.
]
20200814 130713
20200814 130418

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
V-series is what you want to go with.
Contura V, XIV, II, III, X, XI, XII are the styles of the "button". Called the "Rocker".
Most go with Contura V as shown above. The winch one is Contura II rocker style.

What you need for most accessories is a ON/OFF SPST Lower Independent.
Meaning the bottom light is independently controlled. Top comes "ON" when rocker is ON.

The one below is a good example.

TitanTom

TitanTom

Forum Rocket Scientist
Lifetime Member
May 31, 2020
NE Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
V-series is what you want to go with.
Contura V, XIV, II, III, X, XI, XII are the styles of the "button". Called the "Rocker".
Most go with Contura V as shown above. The winch one is Contura II rocker style.

What you need for most accessories is a ON/OFF SPST Lower Independent.
Meaning the bottom light is independently controlled. Top comes "ON" when rocker is ON.

The one below is a good example.

That's EXACTLY the answer I needed. Thanks so much, all three of y'all, for responding so quickly!

This website frigging ROCKS!

C

cc4600

Jul 16, 2020
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 700-2
I got V series switches and installed them last weekend in panel I got from Mystic1219 on this site. They worked great in my new 2020 P700! And yes this site does rock that is why I have this panel!
Didn’t use the switch holder at top of order when I got the Mystic panel. You can’t see it in pic but there is a RAM mount top right of panel holding the GPS.

907C0224 3FFE 434E 9D26 D6469C1FFF17
E7F34A56 A9C6 4D0B A89F B7F731AA3144

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!