NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I took that combo off of this buggy. A very popular setup but it's not for me. Will be selling them, along with some other stuff off of it. Tires/wheels, sound bar . . .

View attachment 420857

I guess I could offer all three for sale as a combo: Rotopax, box, rack.
👍🏻yeah I wouldn’t keep the combo of the three mounted like that either.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I'm reading that the Large Wall Mount Plate (triple) is not fully compatible with the boxes with the silver bars at the corners (like Green Goat had pictured). They overhang the third set of mounts.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm reading that the Large Wall Mount Plate (triple) is not fully compatible with the boxes with the silver bars at the corners (like Green Goat had pictured). They overhang the third set of mounts.
Correct. You can put some single ones beside them, but it is a pita to install/remove them.

-Bear-

-Bear-

NTC Master Fabricator
Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2019
Black Hills, SD
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
IMG 0906

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
That's gorgeous, Bear!

Fitment isn't really an issue; plenty of space. Just basically trying to decide how to attach the bases (and which ones).

As of this writing, I'm thinking Honda tray with the bases attached to it and to the buggy's rack and/or flat bars attached to it.

I'm going to camp this week; I'll bring back the tray from Critter and play around with it. Prolly pick up a base from Hom Deepo to mess with also.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
So after playing around with a Honda tray and a Packout base, I'm thinking I'll go with two PO bases bolted to the tray only (maybe find a couple of spots to through-bolt to the rack). There are 12 points on each base to bolt to the tray, and the tray is rated to hold 420 lbs. What could go wrong, right?

The contours of the tray will make it interesting, but I think I've got a pretty sturdy layout ready.

Unfortunately, the 4gal rotopax and mount will have to go. Doesn't play well with the Honda tray. Works ok with a vinyl rear panel, but not really with both I'm thinking. Too bad, nice location for 4 gallons. (I need to put together a for-sale list for TO)

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Anybody know of somewhere with Honda accessories discounts? :) Might also be needing a Honda windshield and rear panel.

The Mrs. is starting to balk . . . took longer than I expected, frankly.

Smittyp

Smittyp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 3, 2020
Morgan co. Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV
So after playing around with a Honda tray and a Packout base, I'm thinking I'll go with two PO bases bolted to the tray only (maybe find a couple of spots to through-bolt to the rack). There are 12 points on each base to bolt to the tray, and the tray is rated to hold 420 lbs. What could go wrong, right?

The contours of the tray will make it interesting, but I think I've got a pretty sturdy layout ready.

Unfortunately, the 4gal rotopax and mount will have to go. Doesn't play well with the Honda tray. Works ok with a vinyl rear panel, but not really with both I'm thinking. Too bad, nice location for 4 gallons. (I need to put together a for-sale list for TO)

If you decide to sale them individually I’ll take the 4gal rotopax and mount

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anybody know of somewhere with Honda accessories discounts? :) Might also be needing a Honda windshield and rear panel.

The Mrs. is starting to balk . . . took longer than I expected, frankly.
Ronayers is the one I always price shop against. It’s not always the cheapest but it is consistently cheaper than others. My local dealer is unfortunately an MSRP type of place for parts so I buy very little there anymore.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Might also be needing a Honda windshield and rear panel.

The Mrs. is starting to balk . . .
I'd like to think the honda windshield is genius but it dose not open very far.
The SuperATV windshield really has superior air flow ideal for hot humid southern riding.

The honda allows for easy access to under the hood.
And it is better protected if you tip over (because it doesn't move very far).

Kind of trade offs either way.
I'd bet the guy who designed the honda one would chose the SuperATV windshield.

I don't have any idea how to fix the other issue.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I have two of the Honda windshields; I like them. The tilted position has enough air flow for me, and no fuss to get under the hood, as mentioned. The hard coat, I've learned, is a must if you're trail riding the machine.

The side rubber pieces like to go hiking though, too. ;)

The SATV model, when open, looks vulnerable to SPIMs, but maybe with this machine at 60" that won't happen very often! Maybe . . .
I'll give that one another look.

Last edited:
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Here's a few pics, some of y'all seem to get irritable and sleepy without them . . . words are hard! 😅

If someone wanted to mount directly to the rack you can get, I think, five bolts directly in. Lines up pretty well, really.

20240316 161532

This layout is also a possibility: one 'double' mount in center, with one 'single' on each side.

20240316 165224

But I think I'll likely go with two 'double' mounts, bolted to just the tray (which is pretty darned thick, actually) with stainless hardware.

20240316 185632

Last edited:
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Finally got the PO bases mounted.
Cut up a couple of Simpson flat plates to span voids. Ain't proud of it but should stay put. Stainless hardware.

20240401 15290820240401 163304

Gotta choose some PO items now!

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Looks great! Now go get it dirty!

Gettin' close. Need to finish up the front skid piece and then see how well the nerfs are gonna play (or not) with the SSS skids. A few other odds and ends, then I plan on putting on a set of my 27s for some light testing. At this point, I'm thinking 28x10x14 Evolutions on a 6+1 offset wheel.

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks great

May have to duplicate that so that one can be immortalized in a climate controlled garage and covered so not even dust can cause it to become tarnished.

And, the backup one can be taken anywhere and subjected to the most horrific conditions and situations without any chance of triggering anyone or causing unnecessary mental grief ..... Or maybe not.

Great rig and customization

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!