P1000 Need suggestions for the best aftermarket axle for an LE Model.

J

JTW

Really, most people?

I live in Florida, we don't have rocky trails; we have: sand, mud and deep water, most people here have Portals and large tires. My SxS is just over 72" wide, we have to follow full sized mud buggies with tractor tires.

I did however, ride up north in NYS for years, I still have property there, I had a Honda Foreman 450 ES and ran mountains and rocky trails, my Pioneer would not be the optimum machine there but, I'd ride it there and not push it to break it.
Yup.. most people

User's Locations | The Honda Side by Side Club!

Reactions: BWAF
SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I guess in your opinion, anyone that bolts on Portals are only asking to break s***? Most people ride only rocky trails?

I have 30 years of riding trails solidly under my belt with multiple 4x4 machines and now, I have 10 years, at least, on side by sides and I need to follow your advice on riding in my area? LOL

I belong to a club that has over 6,000 members and we ride 7 square miles of trails, I usually ride twice a week there and "most people" have Portals or massive lift on their side by sides. Thanks for your advice :)

J

JTW

I guess in your opinion, anyone that bolts on Portals are only asking to break s***? Most people ride only rocky trails?

I have 30 years of riding trails solidly under my belt with multiple 4x4 machines and now, I have 10 years, at least, on side by sides and I need to follow your advice on riding in my area? LOL

I belong to a club that has over 6,000 members and we ride 7 square miles of trails, I usually ride twice a week there and "most people" have Portals or massive lift on their side by sides. Thanks for your advice :)
Well, good to know we have such an expert.. :rolleyes:

Maybe study up and ask one of your 6,000 friends what it means when someone quotes another post...
5C097C20 EE51 45A6 87F2 B25DECAAB046

My comments were clearly directed to Cecil from the get go... theeeen you went and got all butt hurt. And my “most people” comment is reflective of the users on this site. Hence, posting the user site map. But it’s cool... you like portals and men. We get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Schwass86

Nov 27, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
the axels are part of the i-4wd system the diff 'reads" them as they rotate, the "wheel" sensors are not at the hub to reduce the possibility of damage.

With the Talon coming out you will probably have a BETTER chance of getting them for the LE.
Also interested in this as i am about to buy an le model.. I want to do portals and cfab a arms and dont want to be stuck without aftermarket products (axles).... What I dont understand is dont all the pioneer models have the i4wd??? Thats what I read on a dealers site.... So why is le model have different inner CV splines?? Thanks!

J

JTW

Also interested in this as i am about to buy an le model.. I want to do portals and cfab a arms and dont want to be stuck without aftermarket products (axles).... What I dont understand is dont all the pioneer models have the i4wd??? Thats what I read on a dealers site.... So why is le model have different inner CV splines?? Thanks!
No.. only the LE models have i4wd. All other pioneer 1000 modes have turf,2wd,4wd and 4wheel lock

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
The Pioneer regular models do not have I4WD. Only the LE has it.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Dealers are 99% of the time utterly clueless to the details on most models unless that actually HAVE one and have modified it.
They just want to get it out the door and for you to buy a lot of accessories so they can make some money.

Thats the beauty of this forum, we've learned(sometimes the hard expensive way) what can and cannot be done and why.

There are a couple of members from Mississippi Delta area that have portals on their machines maybe they can speak up. There are a few in Florida and I think a couple of them have rebuilt the portals and replaced balljoints and axels at least once maybe several times.
I think the machines look awesome and I have no experience with portals because even though I like playing in the mud I don't like cleaning it up half a day each time I ride. The mud we have here is nasty red clay that gets everywhere, stains and sticks like it has glue in it, and it doesn't just wash off like the sandy/silty loam down in the delta or Florida.

Sometime what we want and what is available aren't the same thing.

People sometimes get really angry when they are told "thats going to break stuff its not a good idea even if its available" and then piss and moan about how it stays broke....but they spent $5000 on it and can't let their pride admit they made a bad decision.

I want a SxS to NOT have a Turbo and be over 1000ccs but thats not going to happen...ever...and Kubotas aren't SxS they are UTV TRACTORS

There is a LOT of info on 3 models; 500/700/1000 and on the differences in the trims.
Soon 2 more will be added and we can share that info too.

H

HondaTech

The LE models actually have a smaller diameter shaft compared to the regular models as well.

The inner joint housing has a reluctor wheel type thing made on It for the speed sensor to read. That's the reason axles will be hard or impossible to come by, the Talon will be the same way except the shafts are suppose to be freaking huge.

Reactions: Plumber32 and JTW
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The LE models actually have a smaller diameter shaft compared to the regular models as well.

The inner joint housing has a reluctor wheel type thing made on It for the speed sensor to read. That's the reason axles will be hard or impossible to come by, the Talon will be the same way except the shafts are suppose to be freaking huge.
The picture I have looks like the diameter is the same as the rear arm. Both look to be roughly the same size from the angle of the pic I took.

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Dealers are 99% of the time utterly clueless to the details on most models unless that actually HAVE one and have modified it.
They just want to get it out the door and for you to buy a lot of accessories so they can make some money.

Thats the beauty of this forum, we've learned(sometimes the hard expensive way) what can and cannot be done and why.

There are a couple of members from Mississippi Delta area that have portals on their machines maybe they can speak up. There are a few in Florida and I think a couple of them have rebuilt the portals and replaced balljoints and axels at least once maybe several times.
I think the machines look awesome and I have no experience with portals because even though I like playing in the mud I don't like cleaning it up half a day each time I ride. The mud we have here is nasty red clay that gets everywhere, stains and sticks like it has glue in it, and it doesn't just wash off like the sandy/silty loam down in the delta or Florida.

Sometime what we want and what is available aren't the same thing.

People sometimes get really angry when they are told "thats going to break stuff its not a good idea even if its available" and then piss and moan about how it stays broke....but they spent $5000 on it and can't let their pride admit they made a bad decision.

I want a SxS to NOT have a Turbo and be over 1000ccs but thats not going to happen...ever...and Kubotas aren't SxS they are UTV TRACTORS

There is a LOT of info on 3 models; 500/700/1000 and on the differences in the trims.
Soon 2 more will be added and we can share that info too.
Geez, this almost slipped by me! At least you didn't call us Portal owners: Bone Smuggling rump wranglers like the Jesus kid above did but, lets correct one thing: 4" portals aren't $5,000.00, they are more like $2,500.00 and Gen 2 Portals are simple maintenance, change the oil every 3 to 5 rides, SuperATV says that's 3 to 5 all day rides; so 40 hours. It takes 10 minutes to do and a cunt hair over a quart of gear oil. Not a big deal in my opinion for what they give me on the trail in terms of gear reduction for the large mud tires and lift I want in deeper water type trails we have here In Florida.

Last edited:
Reactions: Plumber32
advertisement
SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The picture I have looks like the diameter is the same as the rear arm. Both look to be roughly the same size from the angle of the pic I took.
I have two 2018 1000 Pioneers, a 3 seat EPS and a 5 seat LE, the LE's axle is definitely about 1/8" in diameter smaller as checked with a caliper.

Reactions: Plumber32
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Geez, this almost slipped by me! At least you didn't call us Portal owners: Bone Smuggling rump wranglers like the Jesus kid above did but, lets correct one thing: 4" portals aren't $5,000.00, they are more like $2,500.00 and Gen 2 Portals are simple maintenance, change the oil every 3 to 5 rides, SuperATV says that's 3 to 5 all day rides; so 40 hours. It takes 10 minutes to do and a cunt hair over a quart of gear oil. Not a big deal in my opinion for what they give me on the trail in terms of gear reduction for the large mud tires and lift I want in deeper water type trails we have here In Florida.

$5000 is just a number but not too far off by the time 40” tires 20”wheels and a heavy fiberglass stereo roof like you bone smuggling rump wranglers like. ;)

J

JTW

Well, we all know why you’re butt hurt..

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
$5000 is just a number but not too far off by the time 40” tires 20”wheels and a heavy fiberglass stereo roof like you bone smuggling rump wranglers like. ;)
Oh and I have a standard Honda roof with a Wet Sounds 6 bar on the roll bar with a Wet Sounds 6" subwoofer on the floor, under the dash. I can't let that get wet!

Reactions: BWAF and ohanacreek
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
question. whats the difference in the le and regular 1000s minus the internal cv hub? the one that goes into the front axle?if same ball and joint set up why not get the other axle and frankenstein it?

H

HondaTech

question. whats the difference in the le and regular 1000s minus the internal cv hub? the one that goes into the front axle?if same ball and joint set up why not get the other axle and frankenstein it?

According to Honda, assembled length is different, the LE shaft is smaller in diameter as well.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
According to Honda, assembled length is different, the LE shaft is smaller in diameter as well.
see this is what im talking about if you have stock lengths diameter of shaft doesnt really matter unless its on the splines or the cv housings. but if a stock 1000 regular shaft happens to be 1 inch longer but the cv s are the same and splines on the hub for tire are the same frankenstein using the i4wd inner hub and you have your longer shafts for lifting.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!