P1000 Need suggestions for the best aftermarket axle for an LE Model.

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Here's what I have:
4" SuperATV Portals
1 1/2" SuperATV A Arms
30x10-14" SuperATV Intimidators on SuperATV wheels.

I'd like to put the SuperATV 3" shock lift on but, because I have an LE model, I can't buy the Rino axles, they don't make them for an LE and the stock axle will bind with the 3" lift. SuperATV told me they don't plan on making them anytime soon and now with the Talon out, I'm sure it will be even a smaller priority.

I need the shock remount kit for two reasons:

1) It will give me a little less width on the vehicle and....

2) It will give me the extra 3" lift to help keep my middle floor mounted subwoofer out of water come summertime, when we're forced to turn our UTV's into boats and submarines at River Ranch.

90067 0e53abf0a88e1e6d86a45918cca54756

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Not sure we have anyone with portals on an LE. Also can't say any axle failures on the I4WD system.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
the axels are part of the i-4wd system the diff 'reads" them as they rotate, the "wheel" sensors are not at the hub to reduce the possibility of damage.

With the Talon coming out you will probably have a BETTER chance of getting them for the LE.

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
the axels are part of the i-4wd system the diff 'reads" them as they rotate, the "wheel" sensors are not at the hub to reduce the possibility of damage.

With the Talon coming out you will probably have a BETTER chance of getting them for the LE.
That's great news; I'll probably buy a Talon but love my LE as well and if I can put my Portals on a Talon, I'll turn the LE back to small farm duty..

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Just out of curiosity, I see the wheel sensor on the Diff housing, does the axle have a sensor and that's the problem?

Reactions: sharp
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Here's what I have:
4" SuperATV Portals
1 1/2" SuperATV A Arms
30x10-14" SuperATV Intimidators on SuperATV wheels.

I'd like to put the SuperATV 3" shock lift on but, because I have an LE model, I can't buy the Rino axles, they don't make them for an LE and the stock axle will bind with the 3" lift. SuperATV told me they don't plan on making them anytime soon and now with the Talon out, I'm sure it will be even a smaller priority.

I need the shock remount kit for two reasons:

1) It will give me a little less width on the vehicle and....

2) It will give me the extra 3" lift to help keep my middle floor mounted subwoofer out of water come summertime, when we're forced to turn our UTV's into boats and submarines at River Ranch.

View attachment 96089
Have you added anymore preload to the shocks? Looks like in the pic it could still go up some without hurting the ride to much.

Cecilthelion

Cecilthelion

Oct 2, 2018
Brooklet GA.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am in the same boat 2017 LE. Was looking at super ATV’s 6” portals and lift but with no aftermarket companies making LE axels started considering the 4” portals. How do the 4” portals perform and is there a noticeable difference with the gear reduction?

advertisement
J

JTW

I am in the same boat 2017 LE. Was looking at super ATV’s 6” portals and lift but with no aftermarket companies making LE axels started considering the 4” portals. How do the 4” portals perform and is there a noticeable difference with the gear reduction?
First let me ask... Do you like breaking stuff??

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Have you added anymore preload to the shocks? Looks like in the pic it could still go up some without hurting the ride to much.
Yes I added more pre-load about two months ago and like the look. I can't go any hirer without really changing the alignment, cam and caster.

Reactions: BWAF
SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I talked to a bunch of people with 6" Portals and they weren't happy with the gear reduction. My 4" Portal gear reduction is noticeable and you're screaming when up above 40 MPH (checking with a GPS) but it's sure nice turning the 30" Intimidators.

Please SuperATV, make an LE axle for your loyal and dedicated customers! I need 33" tires!!!

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Then why on earth would you add portals?
Why not? If you don't beat the s*** out of it in the first place, Portals are an excellent addition for us riders that are in an area that has lots of water and we have to get up and out of the water.

Reactions: BWAF
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I know there used to be companies that would mod cv's for more angle. Could look into that and also cryogenic treatments. RCV or Turner could probably make you a set but will not be cheap.

Reactions: SuperDutyJohn
J

JTW

Why not? If you don't beat the s*** out of it in the first place, Portals are an excellent addition for us riders that are in an area that has lots of water and we have to get up and out of the water.
If you’re using you sxs like most people do and riding rocky trails and such. You’re just going to break s***.

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If you’re using you sxs like most people do and riding rocky trails and such. You’re just going to break s***.
Really, most people?

I live in Florida, we don't have rocky trails; we have: sand, mud and deep water, most people here have Portals and large tires. My SxS is just over 72" wide, we have to follow full sized mud buggies with tractor tires.

I did however, ride up north in NYS for years, I still have property there, I had a Honda Foreman 450 ES and ran mountains and rocky trails, my Pioneer would not be the optimum machine there but, I'd ride it there and not push it to break it.

Reactions: Mudwing
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!