P1000m5 Nerd's First Attempt...

ohiohunter

ohiohunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2016
Minerva Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks great. Have you ridden that thing yet? haha.

Reactions: pct
nerd

nerd

Aug 22, 2017
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks great. Have you ridden that thing yet? haha.

Hells yeah I've ridding! 63 mi on the od as of tonight. They are logging at my in laws so we should have some good trails soon. Also been cutting some of my own. Taking the wife to Black Mountain Offroad Park in Harlan Co here in a few weeks - catch the fall color change. It's gorgeous down there.

nerd

nerd

Aug 22, 2017
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rode a while tonight and the vent is definitely helping with the heat. I'm going to try and construct a shroud on the backside of the fan to draw a little more through the vent but then call it good from there. Definitely better with the heat shield, vent and fan compare to when I brought it home!

Reactions: pct
nerd

nerd

Aug 22, 2017
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been going back and forth on skid plates. I liked the design and price point of the Factory 3/8 setup, but also really liked the bump out on the Trail Armor. Hit a couple rocks and roots lately that had me wincing (I worry anyhow), so with an upcoming trip I started thinking harder. After reading on here and how people rave about TA customer service, and only wanting to buy skid plates (and A-arm guards) once, I put in an order to Trail Armor today.

Just waiting on the brown truck again!

Reactions: pct and joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Been going back and forth on skid plates. I liked the design and price point of the Factory 3/8 setup, but also really liked the bump out on the Trail Armor. Hit a couple rocks and roots lately that had me wincing (I worry anyhow), so with an upcoming trip I started thinking harder. After reading on here and how people rave about TA customer service, and only wanting to buy skid plates (and A-arm guards) once, I put in an order to Trail Armor today.

Just waiting on the brown truck again!

Great choice!

nerd

nerd

Aug 22, 2017
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ordered some storage nets a while back after seeing the idea on here. Finally got time tonight to install them. I did the door nets, but used Velcro with adhesive backing to secure them to the doors instead of screws, then I can take them off real easy if needed (and I had extra Velcro from the battery / fuse panel install - stuff is hella useful!). I put the cargo net in where it’ll hold goodies securely with the back seats up or down. Turned out ok for $20. Thanks @Amre2me2 for the idea.

0779A003 8DD9 480C 9463 CE460E80C72D A5EAF81B 24D0 4F38 AE2E DB93FBE49D22 7064D115 4875 4197 8E33 C5F6B8FFA1D3

Last edited:
nerd

nerd

Aug 22, 2017
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After some cooler weather and riding, the Velcro adhesive started to come loose. I glued them on today with rhino glue.

If you need something to hold, check out rhino glue. It makes gorilla glue look like Elmer’s

nerd

nerd

Aug 22, 2017
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got around to installing the Trail Armor skids. Man they do not disappoint! Packaging and instructions were great. Fitment is perfect. I didn’t quite get every seam perfect but that’s ok - I think an extra set of hands would be required for that.

I used a hi lift jack on one side with wheels chocked. Then put in a heavy y’all jack stand, and ran a ratchet strap over the top and anchored it to the barn, just for extra precaution. Can’t be too careful when it comes to a machine falling on you!

They do fit tight and precise. Take your time is my advice, especially with all the self tap screws - you want to get your placement right the first time so the cup washer (or whatever they’re called) seat in the recess on the skid.

Also got the rear a-arms on before I had stop and jump on dad-duty. Will work on the fronts tonight.

Make sure your drill battery is charged ... and your drilling arm, it’s a workout!

D9D6AC00 3AA0 4582 9EBE 2EE5C72C099F 8DE6DE7A B6BF 49D9 8C18 5897132AF5F3 15F12E05 641E 40B2 AD57 B5AE7FB6E358

B

Bones

Dec 10, 2017
Bourbon Mo.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got around to installing the Trail Armor skids. Man they do not disappoint! Packaging and instructions were great. Fitment is perfect. I didn’t quite get every seam perfect but that’s ok - I think an extra set of hands would be required for that.

I used a hi lift jack on one side with wheels chocked. Then put in a heavy y’all jack stand, and ran a ratchet strap over the top and anchored it to the barn, just for extra precaution. Can’t be too careful when it comes to a machine falling on you!

They do fit tight and precise. Take your time is my advice, especially with all the self tap screws - you want to get your placement right the first time so the cup washer (or whatever they’re called) seat in the recess on the skid.

Also got the rear a-arms on before I had stop and jump on dad-duty. Will work on the fronts tonight.

Make sure your drill battery is charged ... and your drilling arm, it’s a workout!

View attachment 56521 View attachment 56522 View attachment 56523
Been struggling to keep things cooler. My fan just seemed to be recirculating hot air, so to help actually move air through I cut a 4" hole for a vent. Hopefully this encourages more airflow and thus, less hot ass-ness.

View attachment 54963

I like your choice for the fan. Does it do the job properly after cutting the vent?