Never have I been so disappointed in a product.

P

Piercej40

May 16, 2021
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I purchased a brand new 2021 Honda pioneer 1000-5 deluxe back in June of 2021. I have to say I have never been so disappointed with a purchase as I have with this one. I can't understand why there is such a demand for these side by sides. I can't believe Honda keeps putting out such a low quality product. If you read through the Honda side-by-side forum you will see many post about The doors and lift bed rattling. Many many post about the heat issue coming off these units. I only have about 400 mi on mine and today I noticed the fuel gauge is stuck on full. So now I plan on filling it up every 100 miles, and always carry a 5 gallon gas can with me wherever I go.

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
I purchased a brand new 2021 Honda pioneer 1000-5 deluxe back in June of 2021. I have to say I have never been so disappointed with a purchase as I have with this one. I can't understand why there is such a demand for these side by sides. I can't believe Honda keeps putting out such a low quality product. If you read through the Honda side-by-side forum you will see many post about The doors and lift bed rattling. Many many post about the heat issue coming off these units. I only have about 400 mi on mine and today I noticed the fuel gauge is stuck on full. So now I plan on filling it up every 100 miles, and always carry a 5 gallon gas can with me wherever I go.
It’s time for you to buy a krx 🤣🤣🤣

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
So what’s your plan? Bet you could peddle that disappointment pretty quickly…

advertisement
Bow4life

Bow4life

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

The reason there is such demand for the Honda sxs is that they are a blast to drive. I was a professional auto tech for 10 years before I got my current job. I have worked on everything from low end American cars to $200,000 European super cars and I can tell you every manufacturer has some issues. Doesnt matter if its atvs or pickup trucks. If you want to talk about companies putting out low end products just google search Polaris Ranger and Rzrs starting on fire. I would definitely have your fuel gauge issue checked by a dealer, it may still be under warranty. I cant recall if its 6 months or a year. This forum is an excellent resource with lots of great members that are always willing to help. A service manual is also really handy to have. As far as the doors and bed rattling, there are adjustments that can be done to minimize or eliminate the rattles. There are also companies that sell better door bushing kits, RB3 is one that many members use on here. There are many threads on here regarding minimizing the impact of under seat heat, from installing heat shielding under the seat to installing bilge fans and vents to remove the heat. Best of luck whatever you decide.

J

Jzallen01

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2018
Nashville
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The reason there is such demand for the Honda sxs is that they are a blast to drive. I was a professional auto tech for 10 years before I got my current job. I have worked on everything from low end American cars to $200,000 European super cars and I can tell you every manufacturer has some issues. Doesnt matter if its atvs or pickup trucks. If you want to talk about companies putting out low end products just google search Polaris Ranger and Rzrs starting on fire. I would definitely have your fuel gauge issue checked by a dealer, it may still be under warranty. I cant recall if its 6 months or a year. This forum is an excellent resource with lots of great members that are always willing to help. A service manual is also really handy to have. As far as the doors and bed rattling, there are adjustments that can be done to minimize or eliminate the rattles. There are also companies that sell better door bushing kits, RB3 is one that many members use on here. There are many threads on here regarding minimizing the impact of under seat heat, from installing heat shielding under the seat to installing bilge fans and vents to remove the heat. Best of luck whatever you decide.
😂😂😂🤣😂
I love this reply!

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Are you actually a Honda Pioneer owner or just a troll?

If you actually own a Pioneer were you not smart enough to test drive a Pioneer before you bought it or at least ride in someone else's buggy?

What did you think you were buying? A luxury car?

If you do own one why don't you sell the Pioneer and go away instead of whining here?

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
🤦 I think some people won't be happy with anything. The reasons stated in the first post ain't that big a deal. I'm sure the gas gauge can be fixed under warranty. Anything people build will break. It's just gonna happen. I've had 2 pioneers and I've never been more impressed with the reliability and capability of both machines. Same goes for my 07 rincon and the other atvs I've had before then. Go enjoy it. Don't worry be happy, people

H

HondaTech

Umm because quite a few people whom have never owned anything bigger than a push lawnmower expect their new side by side to be made like a car / jeep.

This, so many people buy these things for the first time having never owned any offroad vehicle and think, for the price it should be as quiet as a Lexus.

Its an OHV, its going to be loud, dirty and hot.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!