P500 New 2017 or 2018????

C

Curtis

Apr 9, 2017
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
Hey there I'm new to this forum and to honda sxs I've sand honda atv' s in the past and I'm wondering if I should wait for the 2018 model or get the 2017 are there any new mods for performance on the 18 or will it be the same unit thanks for any info anyone has

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hello @Curtis,
We don't expect any changes for the 2018 model. If anything updated color offerings is about it.
Thanks.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

C

Chucky

Feb 15, 2017
Edgewater, Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
Honda made numerous changes on the 17 model. I really doubt that anything will change for 18, other than new colors. Get a 17 and go have fun!

C

Curtis

Apr 9, 2017
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
Lol yea I'm ready for mine as soon as I get back from work im headed to dealer i got two weeks I've been looking at these sxs and I've been in the valley between the rzr or honda

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
Don't rule out the possibility of buying '15 or '16 carryover. There are some really good deals out there.
I like some things about the new auto. mode, but not sure I care for auto downshifting when in manual mode, at least in some situations.
Also I don't really like the drivers seat belt speed limiting function of the '17 ( yes, I realize it can be bypassed, just hate the gov't cramming safety features down our throat).
I noticed in cool or cold weather, unless the '17 is warmed up it likes to stall after you take off in low and it tries shifting to 2nd in auto mode.

SChilla

SChilla

Mar 27, 2017
Soldotna, Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Lol..... it try's to shift up in auto mode he says. That's what autos do.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Did the seat belt disable, so easy to do and so much better when working around the property.

Reactions: JTW
C

Curtis

Apr 9, 2017
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
Did the seat belt disable, so easy to do and so much better when working around the property.
How did you do the disable on it that's something I know I'll probly need myself

lonewolf

lonewolf

Jan 19, 2017
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
2018 Honda Pioneer 500 Review
How did you do the disable on it that's something I know I'll probly need myself

Seems like there would be a seat belt blank insert, to fit the P500, that would satisfy the interlock, so you wouldn't have to totally disable the system, in case there are times when you might want to use it? An example, if you are working around your property, picking up branches, and you need to keeping getting off and on the machine. Then other times, if you are going on a trial ride, at higher speeds, and challenging terrain, you might opt to use them. This would be the best of both worlds if you want to use the seatbelts sometimes.

There may already be some inserts to fit the P500 on ebay or something, but I haven't seen a link. Maybe someone will post one if they have a source.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Search this link titled P500 - 2017 seatbelt safety disable . Simply removes a plastic tab/magnetic sensor inside the buckle, and does not alter the use of seat belt when you need it. See the write up from the top of thread, but disregard the post on changing out to flexible buckle like the passenger side. Only need a #10 torx screwdriver, and can be easily put back in if needed. Thanks to JTW and Jshell3.

Last edited:
Reactions: trigger and JTW
C

Curtis

Apr 9, 2017
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
Search this link titled P500 - 2017 seatbelt safety disable . Simply removes a plastic tab/magnetic sensor inside the buckle, and does not alter the use of seat belt when you need it. See the write up from the top of thread, but disregard the post on changing out to flexible buckle like the passenger side. Only need a #10 torx screwdriver, and can be easily put back in if needed. Thanks to JTW and Jshell3.
Thanks for the info that's an easy fix and going to be well worth it

C

Curtis

Apr 9, 2017
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
I seen the 2017 has a slightly higher gearing do you know anyone that's driven both 15 or 16 and a 17 that could compare the 1st gear

J

JTW

I seen the 2017 has a slightly higher gearing do you know anyone that's driven both 15 or 16 and a 17 that could compare the 1st gear
Very little difference.. the difference is the auto shift ability.. all the rest is insignificant.. do you want the ability to flip a switch and not have to shift. Personally, I did. I liked my p500 but it wasn't the machine for me.

Test - Grid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!