P1000 New (2019) P1k Hard Doors

JLR

JLR

Apr 26, 2019
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello, I recently put a set of tracks on my Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe and am interested in a cab system for use this winter. I already have the Honda factory glass windshield with wiper and the factory hard roof. Does anyone have experience with the new (0SU95-HL4-105) hard doors? From what I have read the original doors leave somethings to be desired but I cant find much of anything other than the below link on the new doors. I would be looking to add the doors and the hard mid panel (I do have a soft rear panel). On a related note - do any cab users find that a heater is required to keep the windshield from frosting due to condensation? I am wondering if adding this is going to mean that I again need to add something else (a heater!). Thanks - this site has been a great resource!

NEW Honda Pioneer 1000 / 1000-5 Hard Front Doors Released | Redesigned by Honda

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
im running the soft doors on 700-4. i rainx the inside and outside of the windshield. and your gonna need something to blow on the windshield. or keep a micro fibre inside if your going through any water. but other than that the front windshield usually stays clear of fog after the bike warms up.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

JLR

JLR

Apr 26, 2019
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
im running the soft doors on 700-4. i rainx the inside and outside of the windshield. and your gonna need something to blow on the windshield. or keep a micro fibre inside if your going through any water. but other than that the front windshield usually stays clear of fog after the bike warms up.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback - rainx is a good idea. With my current setup I keep a small squeegee in the cab that works pretty well to clean the glass if it fogs up or snow/rain blows back around onto it.

P

patpete

Apr 8, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Find a fan you like and blow air across windshield. I just did a remodel on mine and I have tracks. look for Alaska remodel thread

Reactions: Isaiah
Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello, I recently put a set of tracks on my Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe and am interested in a cab system for use this winter. I already have the Honda factory glass windshield with wiper and the factory hard roof. Does anyone have experience with the new (0SU95-HL4-105) hard doors? From what I have read the original doors leave somethings to be desired but I cant find much of anything other than the below link on the new doors. I would be looking to add the doors and the hard mid panel (I do have a soft rear panel). On a related note - do any cab users find that a heater is required to keep the windshield from frosting due to condensation? I am wondering if adding this is going to mean that I again need to add something else (a heater!). Thanks - this site has been a great resource!

NEW Honda Pioneer 1000 / 1000-5 Hard Front Doors Released | Redesigned by Honda
I am also in Maine. How has that glass windshield worked out for you in our weather up here? Is it too hot in the summer? Dust?

Reactions: BWAF
P

patpete

Apr 8, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the sliding rear window also. If I open rear window it allows air to pass thru and relieve dust vortex in back

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!