Bigtee

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2017
Grayson, KY
Ownership

1. 520

2. 1000-5
Just put a deposit down today on a new P520, supposed to arrive the first week of April. I had them get a Honda roof, but I’m searching for the windshield that I want. I don’t want to restrict hood access and am wondering about the SuperATV windshield. Does anyone know if you still have access to remove the hood?

Robertb52

Robertb52

Feb 13, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 500
Just put a deposit down today on a new P520, supposed to arrive the first week of April. I had them get a Honda roof, but I’m searching for the windshield that I want. I don’t want to restrict hood access and am wondering about the SuperATV windshield. Does anyone know if you still have access to remove the hood?
Sweet! What color are you going with? Not a fan of full windshields, but I did go with the Honda’s dust deflector. they do have quick release clamps on it.

Bigtee

Bigtee

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2017
Grayson, KY
Ownership

1. 520

2. 1000-5
I got a blue one. Not much options on colors around here, if you want one you just get the next one coming in.

I like a full windshield. Seems like I’m caught out in the rain a lot. Also thinking about a rear window to keep the dust down. My P1000 gets everything covered in dust.

Robertb52

Robertb52

Feb 13, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 500
True. Although I instantly liked the blue. If I had the option, I would go with white. I had a 2016 rancher 420 in white and loved the color. Although I kid about colors, I can’t say there is a bad color. When i was researching 500s last year, I really liked the moose brown because there was no other color like it.

And I can’t argue the windshield logic; we don’t get much rain down here. Lots of dust, but not much for rain. It can just get so flippin hot here at times that not having a windshield can be just as nice.

Reactions: Bigtee
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Super ATV flip will not work without you coming up with a hinge system for the bottom section and there are videos on utube of people doing it . I have a 3 pc , center folds down and it works fine but nothing works as nice as the satv flip (I have one on my Talon) because it's the only one you can open or vent or close on the fly .

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Welcome from Central N.Y
For Windshield information -- Check the Post -- ( Another old man question - windshields )

J

JJ500

Nov 5, 2020
Wurtsboro, NY
Ownership

1. 500
I purchased the super flip windshield but have not installed it yet ! Based on my research and discussion with them, you must disconnect the bottom stationary section of the windshield to access your front under hood section and storage compartment . BTW I did install the front aftermarket storage container but modified the install and used stainless steel hardware including wing nuts to easily remove the storage container. Also, the super site has several photo modifications by Mike where he cut the bottom stationary support brackets and installed a cut hinge to each side so that the bottom section would be easily movable to access and remove the front hood. On the bottom mounts I believe his photos show a snap mechanism which effectively secures the bottom windshield. I did prepare my 2 brackets by cutting them on a 45 degree angle and cutting each end of a hinge by appx. 3/4 “ wide to match the width of the support bracket. Unlike Mike, who I believed welded his hinges to the bracket I just drilled the hinge hole through the bracket and installed ss screws and lock washes. For the bottom support I went to Ace hardware and picked up 2 round magnets that I should be able to mount using the supplied hardware. I will try and get some photos of the completed project but that may not be possible until late April when I return home .

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I got a blue one. Not much options on colors around here, if you want one you just get the next one coming in.

I like a full windshield. Seems like I’m caught out in the rain a lot. Also thinking about a rear window to keep the dust down. My P1000 gets everything covered in dust.
First, congrats on the purchase and confident you will love the unit! I have owned multiple units with windshields and if the budget allows go "glass" and get a back window as well. The back glass/cover is wonderful when it gets dusty outside, because the front glass changes the air flow such that debris from the bed or dust races into the cab, a real mess trust me!

Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
Honda hard coat flip out, about 10 seconds to flip out and secure. Hood comes right off no problem. I also put a Tusk rear window in, works well.

IMG 3810

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Congratulations. On windshields I have the full Honda OEM hardcoat for winter, and a 1/2 shield or none during summer.

Reactions: Bigtee and trigger
W

Wiley

Nov 14, 2020
WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
.... On windshields I have the full Honda OEM hardcoat for winter, and a 1/2 shield or none during summer.
Which 1/2 shield do you have? I'm interested oin one myself but prefer one a little taller than Honda's deflector.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Which 1/2 shield do you have? I'm interested oin one myself but prefer one a little taller than Honda's deflector.
Only negative is that is is not hardcoat, but maybe less of an issue since it is below eye level. It was 2 inches higher than others. Hope this helps. Got mine several years ago.

Reactions: trigger
W

Wiley

Nov 14, 2020
WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It does help and is just what I'm interested in, thanks. I don't see why it wouldn't fit a 520 but I better check because others I've looked into specifically mention "doesn't fit P520".

W

Wiley

Nov 14, 2020
WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I just checked with Rocky Mt ATV tech department if the +2" shield Mudder linked will fit a P520, and also if there is a hard coat option? They didn't know but checked and got back to me. "I verified the fitment of Honda's half windshield and it will fit both the Pioneer 500 and Pioneer 520. However unfortunately there is no hard coat option available at this time."

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!