Jul 18, 2017
Fitzgerald Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 4913
IMG 4909
IMG 4906
IMG 4904
I know this thread is about two years old but I am in the process of getting a new replacement cage built. They still got to finish welding, bracing,powder coating, and also building a new flush mount roof, but should be done next week. I'll post more pics once completed.

(I could not believe how thin walled the stock cage is)

Tri county machine and fab out of Ocilla Georgia is going to start selling the bolt on kits in the near future.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
that looks REALLY clean and well planned, solid piece front to back and side to side, no triangulation though so probably be a great replacement ROPS, but I wouldn't trust it as a true roll cage.

Did you paint the plastics?

Reactions: 1rooster
1rooster

1rooster

Jul 18, 2017
Fitzgerald Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 4948
that looks REALLY clean and well planned, solid piece front to back and side to side, no triangulation though so probably be a great replacement ROPS, but I wouldn't trust it as a true roll cage.

Did you paint the plastics?

No I just purchased some replacement plastic for a 2015 model instead of painting.

As far as strength goes I know this design will be stronger than stock ( thicker walled and less bolted areas and solid welds) . I could add some triangulation if needed. Iv seen some stock ROPS buckle under minor rollovers.

Last edited:
1rooster

1rooster

Jul 18, 2017
Fitzgerald Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 4952
IMG 4953
IMG 4954
IMG 4955
IMG 4956
IMG 4957
Got some more accomplished today. Got my new "quieter" snorkel ran out of 2.5 inch tubing. Also started on the roof. Got the blue prints completed and using 1/8 diamond plate. I'll get more pics later

1rooster

1rooster

Jul 18, 2017
Fitzgerald Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
Put some bracing in it so it’s like a real roll cage and I’m in for one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah man that is defiantly doable. I wanted a lower profile ROPS design that was equivalent or greater in strength so this was the design. I spoke with the engineer that designs them and he stated if you wanted a true roll cage He can do that. If we build it like a real roll cage I’ll do DOM tubing. Same overall design. But it will have knee bracing and x-bracing. Triangulation from side to side and front to back.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey that roof looks incredible,one of a kind look

Reactions: 1rooster
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!