New from MI

Y

Youlikadasauce

Jan 28, 2019
Mi
Ownership

1. 500
Hello, I'm Youlikadasauce

Hello all, just picked up a p500 last weekend. Previously owned a 350 Rancher.

Added a winch and plow along with windshield and top. Just added new wheels and tires today. 27x11x14s sedona ripsaws on Vision 551 wheels. Couldn't help but jump right into upgrades.

20190201 203807

View attachment 105770

Really like this machine. Plows with ease with a 60"blade. Thought about going with a Maverick Trail, but you can't beat honda reliability and the sale prices going on.

Didn't need speed... just wanted some fun with the kids and wife. Most of the trails I go on aren't too crazy. It fits perfect on our 5x8 utility trailer and in our shed. Plus i love the rack on the back to swap a trunk or rear facing seat while camping.

Parents have a 1000-5 and my dad just picked up a p500. After seeing his and the deals going on I hang to get one.

Watched a number of videos from this forum on YouTube so I thought id join in on the fun.

Here is a little info about me to begin with!
Honda SxS ownership : Yes, this is my first.
I have owned, or currently own the following: UTV
My off-road experience level is: Ez-Rider
My favorite place to ride is: Lincoln, MI

20190201 203815

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome to the addiction from Central Texas

D

Deleted member 3748

Welcome to the forum. That's one of the most thorough introductions I've seen. Where is Lincoln, MI? I'm in Higgins Lake.

Reactions: trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Added a winch and plow along with windshield and top. Just added new wheels and tires today. 27x11x14s sedona ripsaws on Vision 551 wheels. Couldn't help but jump right into upgrades.
Wow, you’re getting after it!! Looks great. Welcome here.

Reactions: Youlikadasauce
Y

Youlikadasauce

Jan 28, 2019
Mi
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome to the forum from a fellow Michigander. Nice looking ride! Check out the Gladwin trails, M-61 and Center Firelane Trail. Tight ATV trails with wooden bridges, perfect for the P5. There's a sand scramble area too, even if you do have Rip Saws. :D
Thank you for the info. Never been to gladwin trails. Only Gaylord area.

Do the ripsaws not do well in sand? I understand they aren't paddles, just good to know

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Do the ripsaws not do well in sand? I understand they aren't paddles, just good to know
Triggers just having fun. Ripsaws are great tires, they aren’t sand tires, but if you’re not in Arizona, you’re not going to install sand tires lol. :cool:

Y

Youlikadasauce

Jan 28, 2019
Mi
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome to the forum. That's one of the most thorough introductions I've seen. Where is Lincoln, MI? I'm in Higgins Lake.

Haha, I hope that's a good thing.

Lincoln is 30min south of Alpena. Im a member of lost lake woods hunt club. They have a ton of trails to ride on.

I usually ride along with the jeep crew up there, but decided top finally fast a machine for myself.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Yeah not the greatest in sugar sand. @PistonHonda put them on his P5 and I had deep tire envy, they look BA. Then we got into some sand and... Would probably stomp me in the mud though. :)

Y

Youlikadasauce

Jan 28, 2019
Mi
Ownership

1. 500
Triggers just having fun. Ripsaws are great tires, they aren’t sand tires, but if you’re not in Arizona, you’re not going to install sand tires lol. :cool:

Haha. So watch out for trigger.... check. I appreciate the the fun of it. Thank you both.

I have a lot to learn with the machine still.

Y

Youlikadasauce

Jan 28, 2019
Mi
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah not the greatest in sugar sand. @PistonHonda put them on his P5 and I had deep tire envy, they look BA. Then we got into some sand and... Would probably stomp me in the mud though. :)

Definitely good to know. Luckily not much sand where I ride. Thank you for the heads up.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Haha, I hope that's a good thing.

Lincoln is 30min south of Alpena. Im a member of lost lake woods hunt club. They have a ton of trails to ride on.

I usually ride along with the jeep crew up there, but decided top finally fast a machine for myself.
Welcome form the same state! I was just going to tell @PistonHonda its 30 south of good ole Alpena, I had 10acres there. My childhood friends presents are from and still have a place in Barton city real close to Lincoln, I use to spend a lot of time there as a kid. You say Gaylord area? What trails? I have a place in Johannesburg and it’s right outside trail #4 that goes to Atlanta, Lovells , Grayling and to Gaylord.

Y

Youlikadasauce

Jan 28, 2019
Mi
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome for the same state! I was just going to tell @PistonHonda its 30 south of good ole Alpena, I had 10acres there. My childhood friends presents are from and still have a place in Barton city real close to Lincoln. You say Gaylord area? What trails? I have a place in Johannesburg and it’s right outside trail #4 that goes to Atlanta, Lovells , Grayling and to Gaylord.
Ha, good times. Barton is definitely close. I love it up there.

I couldn't tell you the name of the trails. We're would take our trucks up to what we're referenced as the tank trails.

That's good to know about the trail to Atlanta. My dad has a place outside hillman. Elk country.

Reactions: Remington
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Haha. So watch out for trigger.
Lol, no.....watch out for all of us because we all like to add a little humor along the way, mixed in with some thoughtful opinion and experience and hopefully some help for people just climbing into a Pioneer...:cool:

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ha, good times. Barton is definitely close. I love it up there.

I couldn't tell you the name of the trails. We're would take our trucks up to what we're referenced as the tank trails.

That's good to know about the trail to Atlanta. My dad has a place outside hillman. Elk country.
Nice! My Family is from Alena. My cousin that I hunt with is from Hilman. He’s a Sheriff in Leelanau. My old place was off 32 between Hilman and Alpena. Yes, those tank trails are not far from my cabin. We run into the Army a lot in those trails
C4E582AA 6782 47D7 8F11 1DEF93F97504

Hard to see, but @trigger and @tr005 and I are at the top of one of the tank hills last year. Good times.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome from west Georgia looks good I like your wheels.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!