Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hello, I'm Youlikadasauce

Hello all, just picked up a p500 last weekend. Previously owned a 350 Rancher.

Added a winch and plow along with windshield and top. Just added new wheels and tires today. 27x11x14s sedona ripsaws on Vision 551 wheels. Couldn't help but jump right into upgrades.

View attachment 105778
View attachment 105770

Really like this machine. Plows with ease with a 60"blade. Thought about going with a Maverick Trail, but you can't beat honda reliability and the sale prices going on.

Didn't need speed... just wanted some fun with the kids and wife. Most of the trails I go on aren't too crazy. It fits perfect on our 5x8 utility trailer and in our shed. Plus i love the rack on the back to swap a trunk or rear facing seat while camping.

Parents have a 1000-5 and my dad just picked up a p500. After seeing his and the deals going on I hang to get one.

Watched a number of videos from this forum on YouTube so I thought id join in on the fun.

Here is a little info about me to begin with!
Honda SxS ownership : Yes, this is my first.
I have owned, or currently own the following: UTV
My off-road experience level is: Ez-Rider
My favorite place to ride is: Lincoln, MI

View attachment 105777
Welcome from NW Arkansas! Good looking buggy!

Reactions: Youlikadasauce
D

Deleted member 3748

Yeah not the greatest in sugar sand. @PistonHonda put them on his P5 and I had deep tire envy, they look BA. Then we got into some sand and... Would probably stomp me in the mud though. :)
They are terrible in the sand, but they will get you where you're going. @trigger with his BH2s walked right up a sand hill and I could only get part way up and dig holes. The Rip Saws are diggers. They work really well in everything else... even snow, and I haven't quite figured that out yet. I run mine at 8 lbs now. I was running them at 6 lbs but a high speed slide with a near rollover, popped a bead, so I increased the pressure. I'm not sure if the bead popped and got me up on two wheels or if it was the other way around. Either way, a popped bead was inconvenient. :D

D

Deleted member 3748

Haha, I hope that's a good thing.

Lincoln is 30min south of Alpena. Im a member of lost lake woods hunt club. They have a ton of trails to ride on.

I usually ride along with the jeep crew up there, but decided top finally fast a machine for myself.
Nice! I'm in Alpena a few times a year. I like to go to the vintage snowmobile show and maybe the Maritime Festival over the 4th.

B

bobbybog

Mar 2, 2018
WV
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from WV. Nice looking ride. Get your check book out because the mods never stop!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Y

Youlikadasauce

Jan 28, 2019
Mi
Ownership

1. 500
Nice! I'm in Alpena a few times a year. I like to go to the vintage snowmobile show and maybe the Maritime Festival over the 4th.
Never been. Will have to check it out.

Y

Youlikadasauce

Jan 28, 2019
Mi
Ownership

1. 500
They are terrible in the sand, but they will get you where you're going. @trigger with his BH2s walked right up a sand hill and I could only get part way up and dig holes. The Rip Saws are diggers. They work really well in everything else... even snow, and I haven't quite figured that out yet. I run mine at 8 lbs now. I was running them at 6 lbs but a high speed slide with a near rollover, popped a bead, so I increased the pressure. I'm not sure if the bead popped and got me up on two wheels or if it was the other way around. Either way, a popped bead was inconvenient. :D
Good to know, was just testing them out in the snow. Was sliding around a bit more than the stock setup. New width is probably the culprit.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
Y

Youlikadasauce

Jan 28, 2019
Mi
Ownership

1. 500
I have Ripsaws and really like them except for sand, but in sand they do cut a beautiful trench.
Will have to avoid sand then haha.

Y

Youlikadasauce

Jan 28, 2019
Mi
Ownership

1. 500
Nice! My Family is from Alena. My cousin that I hunt with is from Hilman. He’s a Sheriff in Leelanau. My old place was off 32 between Hilman and Alpena. Yes, those tank trails are not far from my cabin. We run into the Army a lot in those trails
View attachment 105910
Hard to see, but @trigger and @tr005 and I are at the top of one of the tank hills last year. Good times.
Looks like a great time. I haven't been out there since 98 haha. Had a great time out there.

Reactions: Remington
Y

Youlikadasauce

Jan 28, 2019
Mi
Ownership

1. 500
Lol, no.....watch out for all of us because we all like to add a little humor along the way, mixed in with some thoughtful opinion and experience and hopefully some help for people just climbing into a Pioneer...:cool:
Just how I like it. Sarcasm and being a smart@$$ keeps life entertaining.

Y

Youlikadasauce

Jan 28, 2019
Mi
Ownership

1. 500
Looks like a great time. I haven't been out there since 98 haha. Had a great time out there.
To the tank trails that is. I haven't made it up to hillman for opening day of gun season yet, but I heard it's pretty crazy up there.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!