P1000 New guy from Ohio

P

Proff49

Jul 26, 2024
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've had many "toys" over the years but priorities seem to change as we get older. Just purchased a '24 1000-3 a couple weeks ago. Mainly got it to use around the house and on our 65 acre property but I'm sure I'll have it on the trails from time to time. Bought the machine with a factory top and super atv glass windshield but haven't put the windshield on yet. Probably wait til cooler weather. Been looking around here at dual battery set-ups and winches. I'm sure I'll have some questions for you all.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've had many "toys" over the years but priorities seem to change as we get older. Just purchased a '24 1000-3 a couple weeks ago. Mainly got it to use around the house and on our 65 acre property but I'm sure I'll have it on the trails from time to time. Bought the machine with a factory top and super atv glass windshield but haven't put the windshield on yet. Probably wait til cooler weather. Been looking around here at dual battery set-ups and winches. I'm sure I'll have some questions for you all.
Congrats on the new buggy and welcome from Ohio

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm going to post a pic. Just have 1 currently and don't have access to it at this moment.
It will do!
“WE” can wait on the others. You will be posting many you will!
This the way of the forum it is!✋🏻
IMG 2087

Racerhed

Racerhed

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2019
Ashland OH
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon X LV
Did u know Ted is a WWII vet?
A Company, 296th Combat Engineer Battalion, earning five battle stars while serving in the European theatre.
Pretty cool! Who knew
There’s a reason they’re know as the greatest generation. Those men came home from some pretty horrendous stuff, jammed those demons into a closet while using them for motivation to get back to making this country greater and did a pretty sweet job at it. Then their kids (not all of them mind you) started cocking it up.
I’ve read two really good books that describe this cycle. The first is named Pendulum. The second is name The Forth Turning. Both use a historical timeline of about 3000 years to demonstrate the cycle.
Pendulum describes how Society swings between extreme individualism and extreme collectivism. Right now society is at the top of the pendulum swing which causes it to react in a way that it swings back the other way. The Fourth Turning describes the cycle of society as it transitions through four repeating cycles. Currently we are in the late fourth stage that will inexorably cause the first stage to begin again. Remarkable reads.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
There’s a reason they’re know as the greatest generation. Those men came home from some pretty horrendous stuff, jammed those demons into a closet while using them for motivation to get back to making this country greater and did a pretty sweet job at it. Then their kids (not all of them mind you) started cocking it up.
I’ve read two really good books that describe this cycle. The first is named Pendulum. The second is name The Forth Turning. Both use a historical timeline of about 3000 years to demonstrate the cycle.
Pendulum describes how Society swings between extreme individualism and extreme collectivism. Right now society is at the top of the pendulum swing which causes it to react in a way that it swings back the other way. The Fourth Turning describes the cycle of society as it transitions through four repeating cycles. Currently we are in the late fourth stage that will inexorably cause the first stage to begin again. Remarkable reads.
Looked up one on Amazon, and it recommended the other.

Screenshot 20240727 082438 Amazon Shopping

Racerhed

Racerhed

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2019
Ashland OH
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon X LV
Yup, my 2 grandfathers were one of them respectively.
The father of one of my coworkers was a counter intelligence bad ass during WWII. He spoke fluent German and was sent to live behind the lines in Germany to network in and feed intel to the US and Allies. He also got his feet frozen in France He just passed this spring. 100 years young.
These men, your grandfathers, Bruce’s dad and the whole generation who fought, lived and died to stop demonic tyranny are the reluctant heroes we should not only remember but emulate so that we don’t allow that kind of evil to manifest itself again.

• Love
Reactions: Remington and TxDoc
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
These men, your grandfathers, Bruce’s dad and the whole generation who fought, lived and died to stop demonic tyranny are the reluctant heroes we should not only remember but emulate so that we don’t allow that kind of evil to manifest itself again.
Sadly, it is rearing it's ugly head yet again ...

Reactions: Remington and TxDoc
advertisement