P500 New Horn

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Got a new “Dixie” horn for Christmas. Now I gotta figure out where to mount five trumpets and a little air compressor. Popped the hood on my P500 and there is plenty of room under there but options are limited on mounting. Might need to fab up some brackets. Anyone else ever do a similar horn mod ?

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
D

Deleted member 3748

Yeah, we're all gonna need to see this horn and a link to where we can get one.

Giphy1

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
’Merica !
Love it! Can you post videos to youtube? I want to hear it too. :)
Not very computer savvy. Don’t know how to put anything on YouTube. I think you might have seen an episode or two of the Dukes of Hazzard. It really does sound like the horn on the General Lee.

023B68E3 D41E 4DA7 837D 98A55F5A7D42

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I want a horn that sounds like the conquering legions of Rome or affixed to the trunks of elephants....fog horn maybe?

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I guess that'll have to do.

Believe it or not mine sounds a little better than that. Slightly deeper tone and just a tad bit slower cadence. Very happy with the horn. $ 60 on Amazon. Complete kit. Only had a couple minor issues with the kit. I had to go to the hardware store and buy some more air hose. The instructions said to cut all the hoses the same length and the kit did not come with enough hose for my installation. The other issue is the horn button. I just did not like the appearance of the one supplied with the kit. It works fine and I am using it for now but ordered a different one that is a flush mount and hopefully will look better. I’ll install the new horn button when it arrives in a couple of days. The real test will be durability. I hope it holds up with the hard riding that I sometimes do. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I used to know how to post videos to You Tube but it had been years since I had done so. I had a little spare time today because the weather outside is total crap. I got on the PC and found my old YouTube channel. I did manage to upload a video of my horn. I have noticed that the tone and cadence of the horn changes when the ambient air temperature drops down close to zero degrees.

Last edited:
Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Now that I have figured out again how to post videos to youtube...I will try to put some more on there. I'll try to put a video on there of my Bazooka Party Bar soundbar later this evening when the sun starts to set and the LED's are more visible. My wife thinks the flashing lights are cheezy but I'm a cheezy redneck dude so I like it.

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Old caveman still trying to figure out how to cut and splice and edit videos from my iPhone and GoPro together into a semi-coherent video clip. This s*** was a lot easier before my kids grew up and moved out. Might have something to post later this evening to YouTube but I’m pretty sure it ain’t gonna get too many likes and it sure as hell ain’t gonna go viral ha ha.

D

Deleted member 3748

Old caveman still trying to figure out how to cut and splice and edit videos from my iPhone and GoPro together into a semi-coherent video clip. This s*** was a lot easier before my kids grew up and moved out. Might have something to post later this evening to YouTube but I’m pretty sure it ain’t gonna get too many likes and it sure as hell ain’t gonna go viral ha ha.
Put some boobs in it and you'll get lots of likes from these knuckleheads.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!