New iPhone

J

JTW

So, I finally broke down and got a new iphone... I went from a 6 to the Max pro... good lord it’s big. I haven’t decided if I totally love the size difference but... THE BATTERY LIFE IS PHENOMENAL! I was in the deer stand by 4:40 and have been on my phone pretty much all day working and checking in here and blah blah blah. Seriously, a s*** ton of use all day and I just had the 20% life warning battery pop up.

so if anyone need a a phone that lasts and is tired of theirs dying like mine use to after 2-3 hours. Check this thing out!

J

JTW

B9B9215A 3CC2 4FAF A98C 82B7446425A8

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, I finally broke down and got a new iphone... I went from a 6 to the Max pro... good lord it’s big. I haven’t decided if I totally love the size difference but... THE BATTERY LIFE IS PHENOMENAL! I was in the deer stand by 4:40 and have been on my phone pretty much all day working and checking in here and blah blah blah. Seriously, a s*** ton of use all day and I just had the 20% life warning battery pop up.

so if anyone need a a phone that lasts and is tired of theirs dying like mine use to after 2-3 hours. Check this thing out!
I’ve been considering it myself. I’m at the 6s model. I wouldn’t go to the max size but definitely have been thinking about going to the 11. The better low light photos and better battery are the draw for me personally. Just hate to throw away a perfectly useable phone to get it. Maybe I should drop this one in the john so I won’t feel like I’m wasting money. Lol

J

JTW

I’ve been considering it myself. I’m at the 6s model. I wouldn’t go to the max size but definitely have been thinking about going to the 11. The better low light photos and better battery are the draw for me personally. Just hate to throw away a perfectly useable phone to get it. Maybe I should drop this one in the john so I won’t feel like I’m wasting money. Lol
I know how you feel... my phone is my work and I had my 6 since 2014... the new camera is great and one of the reasons I did it. But I think if I were doing it again I’d get the regular 11 pro and not the max. However, I like the size of the 11 the best. There were just some things I liked about the pro series.

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I remember experiencing that "high" each time I get a new phone. It's always one of the best parts. And then it slowly starts on that inevitable downhill slide to buying more & more chargers to have around you at all times

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have upgraded from the X to XS plus in June and the battery life is great. I use the piss out of it every day at work. Rarely am I in the red with regards to battery life. Heard that they changed the battery life with a software update while I had my X and it was noticeable. But with the XS it’s even better. Glad you like it.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went from a 5 (64 gb) to a 11 pro regular (256 gb). Night and day difference eventhough I'll probably never use a fraction of the features it has, seems cool so far. I also got my wife the pro max, I'll agree, it's a tad too big especially with a case.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The “Max” size is easier to read, yes I’m getting old. The battery life seems to be much better because it will last a full day. It’s last a full day and then some for about a year, then I usually have to plug it in around 6-7.

my work requires a lot of phone use so a long battery life is important. My personal phone lasts a couple of days if not 3 sometimes.

I usually swap phones when the battery has to be charged by lunch which is about every 3 years. Not when the new one is available.

J

JTW

The “Max” size is easier to read, yes I’m getting old. The battery life seems to be much better because it will last a full day. It’s last a full day and then some for about a year, then I usually have to plug it in around 6-7.

my work requires a lot of phone use so a long battery life is important. My personal phone lasts a couple of days if not 3 sometimes.

I usually swap phones when the battery has to be charged by lunch which is about every 3 years. Not when the new one is available.
Yup.. I figured as much as I’m on it. A little less eye fatigue would be a good thing.

Reactions: BWAF
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
LMAO!

You might have an addiction.
"Hi, my name is JTW. I'm a phonaholic."

Reactions: BWAF and Mudwing
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome all you younger guys! Must be getting in the 40 range!!!
My son calls my S9 a phablet! But I'm old and like the bigger screen.o_O

Reactions: BWAF and Mudwing
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome all you younger guys! Must be getting in the 40 range!!!
My son calls my S9 a phablet! But I'm old and like the bigger screen.o_O

I went to the eye doctor yesterday because I've noticed my vision isnt quite what it used to be and wanted to get it checked.

Turns out I still have 20/20 or "perfect" vision. They measure 2 steps better than that which would be 20/15 and 20/10. When I was a "kid" (I know you'd say I still am) I had 20/10 vision. I've noticed the biggest difference while hunting not being able to see detail quite as far out. I guess I'm just saying I know how you feel but i probably sound like a prick because I shouldn't be complaining. I'm sure I'll need glasses before my time here is through.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I went to the eye doctor yesterday because I've noticed my vision isnt quite what it used to be and wanted to get it checked.

Turns out I still have 20/20 or "perfect" vision. They measure 2 steps better than that which would be 20/15 and 20/10. When I was a "kid" (I know you'd say I still am) I had 20/10 vision. I've noticed the biggest difference while hunting not being able to see detail quite as far out. I guess I'm just saying I know how you feel but i probably sound like a prick because I shouldn't be complaining. I'm sure I'll need glasses before my time here is through.
The first time I went in, the lady said I had better than 20/20. But I still couldn't see the numbers and letters on those 1/4 amp diodes! She said hell she could see them with he glasses!:D there actual size is roughly 3/16 long and 1/8 diameter 16755

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!