P500 New member about to purchase a P500

Pirate

Pirate

May 11, 2020
Vancouver, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Just joined this wonderful forum as I'm buying a P5 tomorrow. I look forward to all the very interesting and valuable discussions. Any help in what I should be looking for or doing during the purchase process? Thanks in advancešŸ˜

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Welcome from The Great Lakes State šŸ˜Ž

Ask your dealer if they will give you a discount on accessories for the first year.

Donā€™t forget to post some pics once you pick it up.

#NTC

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Canton, OH. Enjoy the heck out of it.

Consider these items....
TriggerShield
box v2
Skid plate
Winch
Extend the vent lines

Hang out here...
#NTC

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just joined this wonderful forum as I'm buying a P5 tomorrow. I look forward to all the very interesting and valuable discussions. Any help in what I should be looking for or doing during the purchase process? Thanks in advancešŸ˜
WELCOME from NW Arkansas!

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
You donā€™t need the warranty. Roof and windshield are musts in my opinion. You will probably spend more money than you thought to make the 500 perfect for you,especially if you hang out here but you will love every minute of it.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks everyone. I'm picking up some valuable tips for sure. Is the battery box still an issue with th 2020 model?
Personally, I'd take the tool pack and check it before I signed for the unit. It's easy and plenty of people have found theirs apprentice tight and had to work around it.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Another welcome from Kentucky!

Have fun deciding which mods. One of the absolute best features of this versatile machine is this forum and its' amazing members.

First mod: reverse lever.

JJdog

JJdog

Aug 26, 2018
BC, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from Maple Ridge. Not far from you. You will get lots of ideas from this group. My dealer gave me 10% off any Honda accessories. In the purchase I included the fabric roof, A-arm guards, short wind deflector, rear view mirror and storage boxes for under the hood and seat. Extended warranty not needed. And check all of the roll cage bolts for tightness. Several of mine were loose and many have posted having the same thing on their machines. You will love this little rig but be aware, it starts as a blank canvas but the modifications are hard to resist.

Pirate

Pirate

May 11, 2020
Vancouver, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from Maple Ridge. Not far from you. You will get lots of ideas from this group. My dealer gave me 10% off any Honda accessories. In the purchase I included the fabric roof, A-arm guards, short wind deflector, rear view mirror and storage boxes for under the hood and seat. Extended warranty not needed. And check all of the roll cage bolts for tightness. Several of mine were loose and many have posted having the same thing on their machines. You will love this little rig but be aware, it starts as a blank canvas but the modifications are hard to resist.
Many thanks JJdog. I'll be picking mine up from Holeshot either tomorrow or Thursday. It has 110km on and comes with hard top roof, winch and box for $12000 and no PDI fee. I will ask about the 10% discount on accessories šŸ‘šŸ¼

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome and good luck on the purchase. Check if the battery box bolts are over tightened, they spin if broken.

Last edited:
Reactions: J80 and Pirate
Swampdog

Swampdog

Lifetime Member
Mar 19, 2020
Forgotten Coast, FL
Ownership

1. 500
Just a heads-up, if you have a winch installed, the Choog Box will not fit due to the wires from the winch will be in the way.

I just bought a P500 and consider it a "work in progress."

Make sure you understand the tie-down points for transporting your P500 on a trailer, have the dealer drive it onto your trailer and show you how to tie it down.

You can download the Owner's Manual off of the Honda website and read it to get more information about the P500.

Reactions: J80 and Pirate

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!