NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just a heads-up, if you have a winch installed, the Choog Box will not fit due to the wires from the winch will be in the way.

I just bought a P500 and consider it a "work in progress."

Make sure you understand the tie-down points for transporting your P500 on a trailer, have the dealer drive it onto your trailer and show you how to tie it down.

You can download the Owner's Manual off of the Honda website and read it to get more information about the P500.
Plenty of people have both. You do have to use an alternate mounting location for the winch relay though.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After market power steering. Avast Matey- Mainmast, outriggers, Jib Sail 32 pounder cannonade, swivel guns, Salt pork and a keg of gruel..

tomcj2

tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Take your time when choosing a vendor for accessories. Many USA based vendors have great prices, but shipping and border costs into Canada are excessive. There are several Canadian based retailers, but their prices vary a lot. I have looked into having things delivered to somebody in the USA but have eventually found a Canadian source that comes close to the same final price and have eliminated the time and hassle of bringing the stuff across the border. (The border of course is closed right now anyway to casual shoppers due to Covid 19)

Reactions: J80 and Pirate
Morpheus

Morpheus

Supporting Member
May 6, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome! I have found this group to be incredibly helpful and friendly. I have found that the machine comes stock with enough gusto to provide a TON of fun and memories. However.... There are an abundance of accessories and upgrades out there that make it fun to customize and perform far better. Money is a factor always LOL... I would recommend the winch,hard roof and windshield as the BIG 3. After that I have found the Choog Box is awesome and some larger tires for ground clearance are very nice. Out of the gate it's a great machine though. Looking forward to seeing your review. Good Luck!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Just a heads-up, if you have a winch installed, the Choog Box will not fit due to the wires from the winch will be in the way.

I just bought a P500 and consider it a "work in progress."

Make sure you understand the tie-down points for transporting your P500 on a trailer, have the dealer drive it onto your trailer and show you how to tie it down.

You can download the Owner's Manual off of the Honda website and read it to get more information about the P500.

Depending on where you put the solenoid, you can definitely have both a winch and a box.
Edit...didn't see JB's response above.
I would recommend doing something for the seat heat and drive train noise, makes for a much better riding experience.

Morpheus

Morpheus

Supporting Member
May 6, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Can't express how much I appreciate all the advice and warm welcomes! Thank you everyone. Quick question, what is a box?
It's a glove box that fits into the area behind the big sticker on the passenger side of the dash. Enter it in the search. Should hook you right up

Reactions: J80 and Pirate
HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome, recomend box 2.0 also easy install great for phone wallet etc. Enjoy p5's are a lot of fun to play in the outdoors with.

Reactions: J80
B

Bruce4795

Dec 12, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Just joined this wonderful forum as I'm buying a P5 tomorrow. I look forward to all the very interesting and valuable discussions. Any help in what I should be looking for or doing during the purchase process? Thanks in advance😁
The battery cover bolts tend to have the captive nut turn while trying to loosen the battery cover. I had to take mine back in and have them modify it. Best to get that checked out before you leave with it. Be sure to pull all the way back on the shifter paddles when shifting gears manually to engage the fuel cutoff during shifting for smoother shifts.
Lower your tire pressure to not more than 10 psi for a smoother ride. Check the clutch adjustment if your shifts are not smooth. I’ve had mine for 16 months and love it.for tie down, I recommend the Cabelas tire tie down system...very easy, fast, and holds tight and inexpensive. Comes with brackets for the rear wheels that bolt down to the bed of the trailer. Then the straps hook onto the brackets and over the tires and then cinched down with the included ratchet straps.

Reactions: J80 and Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Thanks Mudder! It's funny when I see these guys from the hot climate states that don't have one...they must like to sweat. 😰
And hear the loud mechanical clatter. Dampen the heat and the noise with a Trigger shield.
For the winter rides, cut a flap for the OEM seat belt heater vent. One of features not included in dealer orientations, LOL

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Plenty of people have both. You do have to use an alternate mounting location for the winch relay though.
Depending on where you put the solenoid, you can definitely have both a winch and a box.
Edit...didn't see JB's response above.
I would recommend doing something for the seat heat and drive train noise, makes for a much better riding experience.
Yes you can have both a winch and box under the hood and a few more things fit there too.
1 – Back of Choog Box
2 – Winch Solenoid
3 – Relay for Light bar
4 – Fuse Boxes
5 – NOAM Stereo Amp
6 – Electric Power Steering
7 – Windshield Washer Reservoir and Pump (do not use unless you have a glass windshield)

UnderhoodUnderhoodCloseup
Rear mounting screw of box
ChoogboxRear

S

Splorin

Oct 14, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
Love the mini trailer that the 5 can tote around also.

Reactions: J80
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome to the group. Looks good, if a hitch is in your future this design is good. Things to consider is if wanting to stay 1 1/4 receiver, or upgrade to 2 inch with a Moose adapter that can handle heavier future loads and never look back. I now have the 2 inch for pulling 2000+lb trailer.
89A02C6C BC30 43E6 A429 337D9E9CD685

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome to the group. Looks good, if a hitch is in your future this design is good. Things to consider is if wanting to stay 1 1/4 receiver, or upgrade to 2 inch with a Moose adapter that can handle heavier future loads and never look back. I now have the 2 inch for pulling 2000+lb trailer.
View attachment 202910
I Agree with @Mudder about doing the 2" receiver upgrade, I think it also beefs up the rear end quite a bit.
While I nothing against Moose products, due to availability I went with MFG Supply P/N 1195CMP - you can see a photo of mine shortly after installation on page 3 #59 of the above linked post.
Since you are in Canada, one supplier may be less expensive for you than the other one.
Good luck and have fun with your new P5.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!