New member from Eastern Ontario

Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
I joined earlier this month and did my first replies yesterday, but I guess I should have posted here first. There sure is a wealth of info here, I've already learnt a great deal and made some decisions already from posts I have read.
I'm 60 and had been a life long active motorcycle enthusiast for 52 years. Dirt bikes had been the constant all those years, pleasure riding, motocross, Hare scrambles and Ice racing. I also road raced for 20 years, 125 and 250 GP bikes and then vintage Honda's. I also had many street bikes as well. But in all that time I had never owned any type of four wheeler. 2 1/2 years ago I got wiped out by a car failing to stop at a rural two way stop and we collided, I was on an adventure style bike. Other than from below my right knee, everything was broken from the waist down. 5 months in the hospital and all this recovery time later, I've been missing my dirt riding really bad, but I can't take the risk of crashing and breaking anything that has pins and plates in it. So what to do to at least get back out on the trails, and have something utilitarian as well that I can plow with and use for other work.
My wife was the big push for me, so we decided on a side x side so she could join me as well and discover what it is like to ride out in the forests and bush. I have always been a big Honda fan, so after a lot of research we decided on the new 520, and put our order in last Nov 9th. We picked it up last Wed and have put 126km's on it after two rides and one plowing session. We got a good dump of heavy wet snow last weekend and I was amazed at how much snow I could push with this machine. On Sunday we packed a cooler and headed out to the trails, we did a 70km ride and had a blast. I'm very happy with the decision we made to go with the 520. I've already started with some mods, lol. Yesterday I ordered 27inch tires and 4+3 off set wheels for it. It also has a tip out windshield, hard roof and 60" plow.
Looking forward to all the tips and tricks here on the forums.
Cheer's
Steve

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I joined earlier this month and did my first replies yesterday, but I guess I should have posted here first. There sure is a wealth of info here, I've already learnt a great deal and made some decisions already from posts I have read.
I'm 60 and had been a life long active motorcycle enthusiast for 52 years. Dirt bikes had been the constant all those years, pleasure riding, motocross, Hare scrambles and Ice racing. I also road raced for 20 years, 125 and 250 GP bikes and then vintage Honda's. I also had many street bikes as well. But in all that time I had never owned any type of four wheeler. 2 1/2 years ago I got wiped out by a car failing to stop at a rural two way stop and we collided, I was on an adventure style bike. Other than from below my right knee, everything was broken from the waist down. 5 months in the hospital and all this recovery time later, I've been missing my dirt riding really bad, but I can't take the risk of crashing and breaking anything that has pins and plates in it. So what to do to at least get back out on the trails, and have something utilitarian as well that I can plow with and use for other work.
My wife was the big push for me, so we decided on a side x side so she could join me as well and discover what it is like to ride out in the forests and bush. I have always been a big Honda fan, so after a lot of research I decided on the new 520, and put my order in last Nov 9th. I picked it up last Wed and have put 126km's on it after two rides and one plowing session. We got a good dump of heavy wet snow last weekend and I was amazed at how much snow I could push with this machine. On Sunday we packed a cooler and headed out to the trails, we did a 70km ride and had a blast. I'm very happy with the decision we made to go with the 520. I've already started with some mods, lol. Yesterday I ordered 27inch tires and 4+3 off set wheels for it. It also has a tip out windshield, hard roof and 60" plow.
Looking forward to all the tips and tricks here on the forums.
Cheer's
Steve
WELCOME from NW Arkansas! Ride safe and enjoy your buggy!

Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from The Great Lakes State.

Remember.....pics or it didn't happen. Get some pics posted.

#NTC
Here ya go lol. Just realized I never got any pics of the first time plowing.

Brand new, just brought into the shop.
IMG 3676

First ride, did 27km's in forest behind us. Sandy dune area in the middle of the forest.
IMG 3708

2nd ride last Sunday, 70km's. In a pit in the forest south of us having a snack and some hot tea. Took gas and chainsaw to clear some trails from a storm.
IMG 3711

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Here ya go lol. Just realized I never got any pics of the first time plowing.

Brand new, just brought into the shop.
View attachment 250143

First ride, did 27km's in forest behind us. Sandy dune area in the middle of the forest.
View attachment 250144

2nd ride last Sunday, 70km's. In a pit in the forest south of us having a snack and some hot tea. Took gas and chainsaw to clear some trails from a storm.
View attachment 250145
Looks like fun. I really like the looks of the P52!

Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
Howdy from Oklahoma. With all those pins & plates from the accident, you must cause quite a commotion when you go through a metal detector.:)
LOL. I flew out to BC about a year ago and never set off one alarm! I inquired with the security officer and all she said was don't worry, we know. I know better than to keep asking questions, lol. I did make one customs officer laugh when he saw the drink holder clamped to one of my forearm crutches, he said, that's not for water is it!

ACfixer

ACfixer

Global Warming Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
Jan 22, 2021
N/E Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, you as well! That panel almost looks like it could be a Cherokee?
My avatar is a 1942 J5 cub, it's gone now though. Aerolite Flight Services is my company, I build experimental aircraft for people.

Cool cub! Yeah, good eye... 1973 Cherokee Challenger 180, one year plane with the extended Hershey bar wingspan and stab but with the Archer fuselage. I'd love to build an RV, but I currently know two people about 8 years deep into unfinished airplanes.

Plane 1

Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
Cool cub! Yeah, good eye... 1973 Cherokee Challenger 180, one year plane with the extended Hershey bar wingspan and stab but with the Archer fuselage. I'd love to build an RV, but I currently know two people about 8 years deep into unfinished airplanes.

View attachment 250573
Nice looking bird and hanger!
RV's are probably one of the easier and nicest kits to build, that's why there are almost 11,000 flying now! I've finished/repaired/worked on an RV1,6,7,8,9 and 12. These days I'm on Bearhawk number 4. www.bearhawkaircraft.com
I have a website if you're interested. www.aeroliteflight.ca
I did this turnkey 7 back in 2010, a slow build kit. My buddy that I built it for has almost 500 hrs on it now.

IMG 0055
IMG 4326

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!