New member from Eastern Ontario

NatureOne

NatureOne

Nov 22, 2020
Ontario
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Welcome from Carleton Place. We love the P520. I am just Northwest of you. What trail did you take “Larose Forest?”

S

SaltyPersuader

Jan 9, 2021
Ontario
Ownership

1. 500
I joined earlier this month and did my first replies yesterday, but I guess I should have posted here first. There sure is a wealth of info here, I've already learnt a great deal and made some decisions already from posts I have read.
I'm 60 and had been a life long active motorcycle enthusiast for 52 years. Dirt bikes had been the constant all those years, pleasure riding, motocross, Hare scrambles and Ice racing. I also road raced for 20 years, 125 and 250 GP bikes and then vintage Honda's. I also had many street bikes as well. But in all that time I had never owned any type of four wheeler. 2 1/2 years ago I got wiped out by a car failing to stop at a rural two way stop and we collided, I was on an adventure style bike. Other than from below my right knee, everything was broken from the waist down. 5 months in the hospital and all this recovery time later, I've been missing my dirt riding really bad, but I can't take the risk of crashing and breaking anything that has pins and plates in it. So what to do to at least get back out on the trails, and have something utilitarian as well that I can plow with and use for other work.
My wife was the big push for me, so we decided on a side x side so she could join me as well and discover what it is like to ride out in the forests and bush. I have always been a big Honda fan, so after a lot of research we decided on the new 520, and put our order in last Nov 9th. We picked it up last Wed and have put 126km's on it after two rides and one plowing session. We got a good dump of heavy wet snow last weekend and I was amazed at how much snow I could push with this machine. On Sunday we packed a cooler and headed out to the trails, we did a 70km ride and had a blast. I'm very happy with the decision we made to go with the 520. I've already started with some mods, lol. Yesterday I ordered 27inch tires and 4+3 off set wheels for it. It also has a tip out windshield, hard roof and 60" plow.
Looking forward to all the tips and tricks here on the forums.
Cheer's
Steve
Like you I just picked up my pioneer 520. Unfortunately had to drive 1.3 hours one way to get i. Honda quality is worth it though. This is my second ATV style, first which I had for 13 years was a foreman es, did the drive way ploughing and all kinds of other stuff with it, traded or an argonatv, what a mistake. after a year I got rid of it and bought a sub compact tractor but missed the atv so much here I am back only with the side by side this time.
put on the roof and mirrors but that’s it so far.
we are also in Ontario near Parry Sound. Looking forward to this forum and all the adventures.

keep Smiling Dean

Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from Carleton Place. We love the P520. I am just Northwest of you. What trail did you take “Larose Forest?”
I live near Merrickville, so I drive to Limerick Forest north or south right from my house. Once in Limerick, I can then go all the way down to the 401.
Larose is quite a peice from me, an hr by car.
Have you seen the QuadOn App? It shows all the trails in Ontario, it’s pretty cool.

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!