100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was the master flopper of the forum. 7-8 times in two years. I do hold other titles too... When I switched over to the wider side. I n'aer flopped agin!
RRB is a floppy place in a 500

Wabsa

Wabsa

Dec 17, 2019
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
How does everyone get their tires mounted? Just been round the local tire places and no one mounts 12” rims, so I’m curious what people do?

Reactions: rtn001
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How does everyone get their tires mounted? Just been round the local tire places and no one mounts 12” rims, so I’m curious what people do?
HF manual tire changer and a bead blaster along with a few expletives is my typical route. Some day I intend to invest in a tire changer, but it isn't very high on the to do list yet.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
So I went with number 4. I found some pretty basic ITP rims so I'll take pics and list my measurements with and without spacers, for anyone that might be interested. I'll update the original thread thanks for all the suggestions so far!

The side eye that my wife gave me was priceless when there was a mountain of parts boxes stacked in front of her garage door yesterday !
Always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission :D

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500

I think your tire shops are blowing smoke about the 12” rims. Years ago I worked in tire shops and 12” tires were common in automotive tires. Lots of cars like the ford festiva had 12” tires and back then 14” rims were very common on most cars including Camaro and mustang. In my experience every tire machine I ever used would do 12” rims. They just don’t want to do it cause the beads can be hard to break. I mount my tires with a couple tire spoons and use a friends bead breaker. I’m sure you can find someone to mount them for you they just have to be willing to do it.

Sticktime

Sticktime

Dec 25, 2019
Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
Pretty annoyed with the vendor. It was a recommended place by several folks here and on other forums, I called to verify they would mount them prior to shipping. Of course, they showed up un mounted. The only reason I went with them was because they had both the rims and the tires I wanted in stock...I'll never spend another dollar there.

Also the spacers I ordered from same place did not show up. And rookie mistake I forgot to order lugnuts.

20200126 164402

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Not sure the vendor. But if it is one of the big online places. Give them a call and voice your concern. Ask them what they can do for your troubles. Might end up surprized. Might end up right back where you are. Lol.

Sticktime

Sticktime

Dec 25, 2019
Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
Not sure the vendor. But if it is one of the big online places. Give them a call and voice your concern. Ask them what they can do for your troubles. Might end up surprized. Might end up right back where you are. Lol.

I'm going to give them one more shot to respond before I put them on blast. Their phone goes straight to VM and my messages and email have yet to get a reply.

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Update, went with #4, currently using 1" rear spacers
If I was running 11" rears, I wouldn't have needed spacers

Thanks for the inputs!

So I just picked up a used 16, with only 30 hours and 130 miles on it. it might as well be brand new because its never seen rain or mud.

Anyhow that's about to change because prior to buying I spent months lurking on this forum learning the pro's and con's of this machine and the 1000+ accessory combinations that exist. With that said, I've not seen the exact answer that I'm looking for regarding tire size/rim combos

I plan on going with 12" rim, 27" zillas because I loved them on my atv, they suit my terrain, and I know they run closer to 26". I'm also leaning to running 9" wide rears to reduce power loss

I would like to stay within 52" OAW so I'm considering the following options and would love outside opinions on which of these scenarios you would pick (if limited to just these). I don't plan to rotate

1. OEM wheels 27x9 front, 27x11 rear (assumption- within 52" but too tippy)
2. OEM Wheels 27x9 front, 27x9 rear, 1 inch spacers in rear (assumption- within 52", less power loss with narrower rear, but too tippy)
3. 5-2 wheels, 27x9 front, 27x11 rear (assumption- right at or just over 53")
4. 5-2 wheels, 27x9 front, 27x9 rear, 1 inch spacers in rear (assumption- right at 53" with less power loss than 11" rear)
5. 5-2 rim 27x9 front, 4-3 rim 27x9 rear (assumption about the same width as option 4 but no need for spacer)

Thanks for your input
I love this board and how active it is!

View attachment 178912 View attachment 178913 View attachment 178914
Welcom from Central Florida. I still run stock wheels and tires so I can't help but I'm sure someone on here will. They are good at spending other people's money. Lol. Have fun.

Reactions: Backwoods

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!