P500 New owner looking from Colorado

B

boardhog

Sep 20, 2015
Just got my P500 today and want to upgrade the wheels. How big can I go and still be able to stay within the 50" guidelines for trails.

Reactions: 500oneer
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
if you put aftermarket wheels on the machine you will be wider than 50inches with any wheel you get

Reactions: SBuckJ
B

boardhog

Sep 20, 2015
So there is nothing out there to keep me within 50 inches even if I go with a 5+3 offset. Well thank you for your answers.

B

boardhog

Sep 20, 2015
sorry I made a typo I meant to type 5+2 thank you for catching that.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So there is nothing out there to keep me within 50 inches even if I go with a 5+3 offset. Well thank you for your answers.
I disagree with the above the 5+2 offset on a 7 inch wide rims with 10" wide tires or less will keep you within 50" width, even more so if you run 8" or 9" wide tires in the front.

Reactions: boardhog
ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
welcome to the club. is your 500 green?

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
ok guys here is the facts about this factory front wheels are 6.0in wide the offset is 4.5+1.5 that 4.5 is the inside measurement from the bead lip to the lug nut surface the 1.5 is from outside bead lip to lug nut surface if you install a 5+2 offset wheel the front will become 1/2 in wider at each wheel the factory rear wheel is 7.5in wide 6+1.5 offset 6in inside bead lip to lug nut surface 1.5in outside bead lip to lug nut surface a 5+2 wheel will make the rear 1in narrower at each side so if the machine is 50in wide on factory tires and wheels then adding 5+2 wheels will make the front 51in wide and the rear will be 48in wide if using factory tires if you install wider tires the width will increase by however much rubber is hanging over the edges of the wheels

Reactions: JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
ok guys here is the facts about this factory front wheels are 6.0in wide the offset is 4.5+1.5 that 4.5 is the inside measurement from the bead lip to the lug nut surface the 1.5 is from outside bead lip to lug nut surface if you install a 5+2 offset wheel the front will become 1/2 in wider at each wheel the factory rear wheel is 7.5in wide 6+1.5 offset 6in inside bead lip to lug nut surface 1.5in outside bead lip to lug nut surface a 5+2 wheel will make the rear 1in narrower at each side so if the machine is 50in wide on factory tires and wheels then adding 5+2 wheels will make the front 51in wide and the rear will be 48in wide if using factory tires if you install wider tires the width will increase by however much rubber is hanging over the edges of the wheels

Thanks for clearing that up, I new the front offset was more than 5+1 but not quite 5+2.

advertisement
M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
Thank you

B

boardhog

Sep 20, 2015
Well I appreciate all of the help. I could not find 5+1 offsets so I ordered STI HD4 5+2 and put Rip Saw 26-9x12 front and 26x11-12 rear. I know it will be close and if I have to I can put the stock rims on to go through 50" gates if I cannot make it, when I measured everything as it sits I should only be at 51", "so close but yet so far. I also ordered a SSS skid full Skid package, Rick is great and gives forum members a discount. A Strong Made Front Bumper and a 3000# Superwinch.
My pioneer is Red but I am looking into some vinyl covering, I would like to change it to a Gun Metal color. Any ideas or thought guys.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Well I appreciate all of the help. I could not find 5+1 offsets so I ordered STI HD4 5+2 and put Rip Saw 26-9x12 front and 26x11-12 rear. I know it will be close and if I have to I can put the stock rims on to go through 50" gates if I cannot make it, when I measured everything as it sits I should only be at 51", "so close but yet so far. I also ordered a SSS skid full Skid package, Rick is great and gives forum members a discount. A Strong Made Front Bumper and a 3000# Superwinch.
My pioneer is Red but I am looking into some vinyl covering, I would like to change it to a Gun Metal color. Any ideas or thought guys.

Sounds like you have a plan. On changing the color hit up @jrplaza2008 Of Creative UTV Graphics. they are a forum vendor and are sponsoring this months ride of the month by giving away a Pioneer graphics wrap. More info is here: September ROTM Entry now OPEN! Build your GARAGE! | The Honda Side by Side Club!

I'm sure they can come up with a solution for you. Post up some pics as you progress with your build.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!