P1000 New owner observations

Kaptain

Kaptain

Jun 8, 2017
Marsing, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have owned a RZR 570, Kawasaki Teryx4, and many other offroad vehicles over the last 40 years. I also build race engines and have a shop working on ATV's and dirt bikes. I picked up a Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe on faith, figuring Honda would do a good job. I bought it without even riding one. Not so wise I know, but it all just kind of happened at a busy time after a friend totaled my Teryx4.

At first, I was pretty worried about my choice. The main thing that drew me to it was the transmission. Initially, it shifted so hard and so jerky it drove me crazy. I knew about the seat heat and installed the insulation and the bilge fan. I actually see it as more of a feature than a fault lol. It was cold here when I got it. After 150 miles though I can say that the tranny now shifts beautifully. What a change from how it was initially. I wanted to put this in so new owners will give it some time. I installed a winch, roof, opening windshield, bed extender, auxiliary power plugs and USB charging ports. Seat covers, and a few other odds and ends.

So anyway, I have lurked on this forum for quite a while and wanted to finally put my two cents in.

Oh ya, I put Blackwater Evo's on it right away and took it out. It beat me to a pulp on small bumps. Then I realized the tire shop put 30 pounds of air in the tires lol.

Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
I'm glad some lurkers are beginning to post around here. I think I was one of the first around where I live to pick one up, now there's at least 5 or 6 in my neighborhood. It's a fantastic machine for the right application. Glad you're enjoying it!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Welcome! Glad to have you here.

Now how about those ride pics?

CP: I've been saying that since that jack wagon was picking Legos from his turds:)

Reactions: sharp
Kaptain

Kaptain

Jun 8, 2017
Marsing, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Naive looking rig. Looks like y'all had a good time with some beautiful scenery.

What size tires? 27's?

CP: I've been saying that since that jack wagon was picking Legos from his turds:)

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
AWESOME!
Glad that you came out of the lurk. Join in the conversation.

Reactions: sharp
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum! Awesome tire choice btw. I love the Evos. Join in, and start a build thread. We love sharing (stealing) ideas! Lol.

J

Jimmy-AZ

Lifetime Member
May 9, 2017
Gold Canyon, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll get more ride pics soon. This is us taking the grandkids to the hills for a picnic, or as they call it, a "pic-a-nick". Lets see if I have this picture thing figured out.

Love the pictures and scenery of that part of Utah with the grass, flowers and the vast openness. Looks like great riding, in AZ we get a little more cactus but the same great openness. Welcome to you and your family the club.

Reactions: Kaptain and JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!