P1000 New owner Worries

M

Mkraemer22

Nov 25, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Recently bought a pioneer 1000-5. Have put just 2 miles on it, a mile each trip. After about 5 minutes it starts to smell very hot, is this normal for a new machine as it is broken in? Another concern is how noticeable shifting is for an automatic. I can feel every gear and it almost jerks the whole machine, again is this normal?

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
See what others say....
Mine had a smell from the exhaust when new. Nothing came off it.

The tranny and motor are new and tolerances are tight.

The new 2020 Corvette with a DCT, like the Pioneer, and the design engineers say for maximum longevity, to let them motor and transmission internals wear in slowly .

On the first oil change, I changed to Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 Synthetic oil. Everything runs and shifts smoothly.

Personally,. I don't think there is anything wrong with your machine. Just be patient and don't rush things.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Recently bought a pioneer 1000-5. Have put just 2 miles on it, a mile each trip. After about 5 minutes it starts to smell very hot, is this normal for a new machine as it is broken in? Another concern is how noticeable shifting is for an automatic. I can feel every gear and it almost jerks the whole machine, again is this normal?
Are you a new owner to a shaft driven machine? Did you come from something with a belt? If so that's why it feels like that. As long as your temp is in check it should be good. Wouldn't hurt to get to know your machine. Read the owners manual. Surprisingly it has a lot of good info

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I love the smell of any new machine running and heating up the exhaust parts, and whatever creates that "New Machine" smell. I've had many machines and enjoy that new smell until it fades away.

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The machine will shift rough at first and will get bstter and better. After about a 100 miles and thebfirst oil change it will be much better. When i purchased mine Ibwas thinking did I just make a mistake selling my Teryx and buying a P1K5. Now i love it.

Welcome to the club becareful reading this fourm the memebers are great at spending your money

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think you made a massive mistake. I'll give you a hundred bucks scrap value for it. 😝

You can adjust the shift linkages and do clutch relearns and such, but like others have said it is likely just the break in period. Mash the go pedal and enjoy.

Welcome to the forum from Canton, OH
Red is the fastest color.
Pics or it didn't happen.

#NTC

advertisement

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I love the smell of any new machine running and heating up the exhaust parts, and whatever creates that "New Machine" smell. I've had many machines and enjoy that new smell until it fades away.
I've had many machines and enjoy that new smell until it fades away.
Replace the word "machines" with "women" and I concur...

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I was concerned about the abrupt shifting of the DCT but have long since gotten used to it. Both of my Talon's were delivered with low sub transmission fluid, so check yours. Remember that you don't screw the dipstick in when checking, just sit it on the top thread. As said, the burn in smells will fade away. Welcome to the site. :cool:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!