New p1000 issues, limited to 43mph, smoking muffler mounts!

L

lambertjoed

Mar 12, 2021
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s part of my concern. On the paperwork I had to sign it stated that they did t warranty anything during the break in period which made no sense to me. Due to the supply chain issues I had to drive 3 hours one way to a dealer who had this machine so I sure hope the warranty does cover it and will allow me to use a dealer closer to home.
Do you have the seatbelt latched?

• Haha
Reactions: ChadD and Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
LoL, and when one posts the others come runnin like cockroaches 🙃
Were only trying to keep the poster informed, and the so called roaches from getting out of control ;)
Ive been guilty of fuc ups. Like that, it happens. Not afraid to admit it.
Id rather be called out than sitting there treading water with my rifle over my head, Just sayin.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for posting the doc.

The key word is "service." The doc you signed is probably part of a sales pitch to be ignored. I suspect someone was trying to sell you a "maintenance plan" and trying to "baffle you with bs to convince you.

Initial break-in service as the dealership defines it probably refers to the first recommended service which is due at 400 miles. The doc says it's not covered by the warranty. That's a fact.

Service is always owner's responsibility. Honda warranty is a legal and binding promise to pay for replacement of parts that fail in ordinary operation not due to owner abuse or neglect.

Forget about it.
The finance guy had me initial in several locations "stating I acknowledge declining the coverage" and that I would have only 3 days after purchase to change my mind.
I can't stand the persistant upsell......

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!