New p1000 issues, limited to 43mph, smoking muffler mounts!

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I would suggest running iridium plugs instead of the stock ones. Tell them you will pay the upcharge.
This isn't the stock Pioneer plug?

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I agree with the wisdom of buying from local dealer but it's not always possible.

I called my nearby dealer when I wanted a Talon. None in stock (pre-Chinese biological warfare attack). I went to Chattanooga and bought from "HondaProKevin."

Same when I wanted a Pioneer. NIS. Looked online and dealer in Parkersburg WV had several. But now I have to trailer the buggy to the selling dealer for service.

H

highcountry71

Jul 17, 2022
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hopefully, if he lays into the origination dealer they will help him get into the local dealer asap....you're probably right though... these days it's rare to find anyone who gives a s***.
Drove 3 hours one way back to dealer today as they were open. Sent pics before I left. Tech seems to think it has something to do with intake manifold. Missing clamp possibly. Guess we’ll see. Will update as I know more. Hopefully didn’t do any other damage to motor whatever it is.

H

highcountry71

Jul 17, 2022
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Update. Just got word from dealer that the issue was due to a pinched wire that was connected to or had something to do with the pcm. Wire was rubbed bare and then shorted out.

advertisement
H

highcountry71

Jul 17, 2022
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'd be really interested in what exactly they found, incase this issue comes about in my neck of the woods.
Probably won’t come across this issue as this was a quality control issue from the factory where a sensor wire that is connected to the pcm was pinched and after a bit of rubbing the wire shorted out.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Probably won’t come across this issue as this was a quality control issue from the factory where a sensor wire that is connected to the pcm was pinched and after a bit of rubbing the wire shorted out.
Were you able to see it physically?
did they send u pics?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
No but I have no reason to dispute what they said either. Just glad they took care of it as soon as they did. May be lingering issues that arrive later but I’m taking the opinion of the tech as being golden.
I wish I had customers like you. Your a rarity these days.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No but I have no reason to dispute what they said either. Just glad they took care of it as soon as they did. May be lingering issues that arrive later but I’m taking the opinion of the tech as being golden.
I'm glad they were able to find the problem. Sometimes these shorted wires can be intermittent and hard to find. Where are you riding in Canada?

Reactions: ChadD
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Sounds good, just make sure that they replace anything that was damaged.

Reactions: ChadD and Rayger143
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
They may have to replace all the heat damaged parts and I would thing Tech Line will want pictures. When the Pioneer 1000 had a problem causing it to run on one cylinder Honda did a recall to add an additional heat shield to prevent melting the plastic near the muffler.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!