P1000m5 New P1K5D owner

mbjeepxj

mbjeepxj

Mar 21, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello. I've been reading posts here for a while. I finally picked up a Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe yesterday!

Back in April I took a 2014 RZR-4 800 on a trade deal for a Jeep I was selling. I rode that a little and only took it on one trip to Cloud 9 Ranch. It did great on the trails, but I was spending the most of my time fixing stuff on it (and not that I broke anything on it... stuff that SHOULD have been done right from the factory or that the previous owner had done wrong). It only had 30 hours on it when I got it, 50 something when I sold it. Talk about a POS. Well, I sold it last week because I'm tired of turning wrenches all the time. Popo no mo. lol

The Honda dealer near me has the 2016 Pioneers on sale for July. I had thought about waiting to see what the 2017 models bring to the table, but they had a silver P1K5D in stock and the price was excellent. I got it with the hard roof and 2-piece hard-coat windshield. Also got the extended warranty for 3 years beyond the standard 1 year. I'm a happy camper so far. This is my first Honda of any kind and I hope my experience lives up to the reputation.

20160727 160857
20160727 170416

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club! Keep us updated on the mods you do.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I for one am glad to see the "popo no more" :) I think you made the right decision but I'm highly biased for good cause. Only bad things with Honda...consider a snorkel and cover the underside of that seat for heat elimination. Other then that ENJOY! Looks good next to the jeep and it looks like you'll be lovin' the turf mode. Good choice on model welcome to the best site out there lots of good people willing to help here.

Reactions: joeymt33
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Very nice!

That was the model that I wanted but couldn't resist and went with the in stock white model instead.

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!