P500 New P500 not running right.. missing at higher RPMs ?

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
The Franken-Donkey is back together...sorta. Enough to take a spin around the yard. Waiting for the air filter to dry then I'll start testing speedo settings. The quick trip across the yard..... Speedo reads 15mph, GPS speed 20mph, I'll update more later.

20180722 132544

Yota87

Yota87

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Ga
Ownership

1. 500
@906UP , is yours a 2017 with a forced auto downshift? Thinking the earlier ones without AT don’t have it.
Yeah Evan when I have it in manual mode it will automatically shift its self down when I slow down and it’s really annoying sometimes my father inlaw has a 2015 and it doesn’t shift its self down which I like a lot better and his limiter don’t kick in until 42 mph

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
So the initial report is a success..... as @aprils_fool says.... I have broke the Davinci code.... the P5 will now go 48 mph and hasn't hit the speed limiter. More testing/time is needed before I post the "how to's".

Yota87

Yota87

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Ga
Ownership

1. 500
So the initial report is a success..... as @aprils_fool says.... I have broke the Davinci code.... the P5 will now go 48 mph and hasn't hit the speed limiter. More testing/time is needed before I post the "how to's".
Awesome stuff glad to see you figured it out now we can go faster

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
AWESOME I knew you'd get it.

Reactions: Yota87
G

GreenBush

Jun 3, 2018
The Motor City !!
Ownership

1. 500

Dude...... You ARE the MAN !!!!

I'll be following all of this and as soon as OEM warranty is up........ :cool:

Oh.....Anyone know exactly what original Honda OEM warranty is ??

Reactions: trigger and 906UP
advertisement
Seg

Seg

Feb 18, 2016
Notre-Dame de la Salette, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Damn, that was a good deal. I could have got the extended warranty at a huge discounted rate, figured it would be a waste of money though, it's a Honda. ;)
Yeah. Got lucky. There were a few bruises and scratches on it. How do you get rid of a demo on a lot in the middle of February at -25 when its half buried in snow and you have been aggling with the sales pit boss outside for 30 minutes complaining of scratches and cheap tires? You throw in free extended warranty! It had maybe 350 KM on it with first tune-up done including valve clearance.

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!