BOX1

P700 New pioneer 700-4 screeching noise

P

Paul01

Aug 20, 2022
Southern Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
I purchased a 2022 700-4 pioneer deluxe in Aug/Sept 2022… within days I was hearing a screeching noise intermittently sometimes, sometimes solid… took to dealer and scheduled a maintenance check…screeching stopped when I was to take it in… and as of now it doesn’t … just took sxs to dealer for second oil change and service.. spoke with service guy who said they had one come in doing same thing after about 7 hours searching it was a seal or bearing where drive train starts I believe. I’m not a mechanic not sure of parts… but even though they found it . It is not covered under warranty as it is not a defect according to Honda / Honda advised dealer to grease it more and put it back… solved problem for now after customer paid 4 hours labor at 95$ per hour … I hope mine doesn’t start back…

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So first off welcome to the forum, we need pics of your rig. It’s rule number 4 pics, or it didn’t happen.

Ask for not being under warranty it’s probably that way because dust, mud and dirt things like that can get into a bearing and cause it to fail, and that’s not going to be under warranty.

Also, when your statement at the end, you said customer paid the labor. I’m assuming the customer you were saying as yourself you’re just talking in the third person?

P

Paul01

Aug 20, 2022
Southern Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
So first off welcome to the forum, we need pics of your rig. It’s rule number 4 pics, or it didn’t happen.

Ask for not being under warranty it’s probably that way because dust, mud and dirt things like that can get into a bearing and cause it to fail, and that’s not going to be under warranty.

Also, when your statement at the end, you said customer paid the labor. I’m assuming the customer you were saying as yourself you’re just talking in the third person?
No it was another customer that the service department was telling me about because I had same issue… just bringing awareness to the possibility of Honda not fixing issue.. apparently I’m not the only one .. my noise started within hours of riding on paved surface… as I said not all the time …it is very annoying .

P

Paul01

Aug 20, 2022
Southern Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
11903A37 2719 4DF9 8185 5EEF5D5288EC

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
No it was another customer that the service department was telling me about because I had same issue… just bringing awareness to the possibility of Honda not fixing issue.. apparently I’m not the only one .. my noise started within hours of riding on paved surface… as I said not all the time …it is very annoying .
Not sure if it works on the P7 but there is an aftermarket greaser for the barrings You can find on ebay thats for pioneers at least for the 1000

P

Paul01

Aug 20, 2022
Southern Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
Not sure if it works on the P7 but there is an aftermarket greaser for the barrings You can find on ebay thats for pioneers at least for the 1000
I understood the noise to be coming from drive train/ shaft..

P

Paul01

Aug 20, 2022
Southern Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
I wish there was a bulletin out on this issue . I know 2 people who have encountered this. And Honda says there is no defective part.. I expected more quality from Honda

O

Osoverde

Jan 7, 2022
AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
The axle shafts are too long and have a nipple on the end that degreases and rubs thus the noise. Honda knows about the problem. Have them machine the nipple off or demand a new shaft.

Reactions: Smitty335
H

HondaTech

The axle shafts are too long and have a nipple on the end that degreases and rubs thus the noise. Honda knows about the problem. Have them machine the nipple off or demand a new shaft.

Their not going to do either, just apply more grease.

Reactions: RedorDead
O

Osoverde

Jan 7, 2022
AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Their not going to do either, just apply more grease.
They did it to my 700. Not a big deal. I had taken it in once prior and they applied more grease. Worked for a day of mild use. Make them fix it or it will drive you nuts!

P

Paul01

Aug 20, 2022
Southern Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
They did it to my 700. Not a big deal. I had taken it in once prior and they applied more grease. Worked for a day of mild use. Make them fix it or it will drive you nuts!
I’m afraid you’re right..it has currently stopped screaching… but it does drive me crazy .

O

Osoverde

Jan 7, 2022
AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
If they doubt you they can call Austin at RideNow Powersports in Tucson Az. Good luck

P

Paul01

Aug 20, 2022
Southern Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thank you very much
I made it call to my local dealer ( Outlaw Motorsports Harrisburg Illinois) he is going to reach out to RideNow.. I also called Honda customer support..they had no information on this issue at this time. But would contact me if a bulletin or something comes up..thank you again

Reactions: Osoverde
H

HondaTech

Surprises me, more power to 'em if they can get it done.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Is this what's going on...

O

Osoverde

Jan 7, 2022
AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Is this what's going on...

That’s what was going on with mine. Honda resolved it

Reactions: DG Rider
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!